• East West Symphonic Choirs Platinum

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Virharmonic Voices of Prague

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Cinesamples Voxos

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters

axb312

Since I haven't heard of any other choirs coming out this year, thought this might be a good time to ask you guys and girls what your choirs of choice are.

Left out Oceania on the grounds of versatility. Have also left out children's choirs at the moment.

So yes, which of the libraries listed below is your favorite on the basis of:
1. Melodic range
2. Dynamic range
3. Versatility
4. Scripting/ Ease of use
5. Sound quality
6. Value for money
7. Ability to sit in a mix
8. Range of articulations/ syllables

The choir sections in Metropolis Ark 1 & 2 (also in Time Macro) are fantastic, but I'm not sure it's fair to compare them to dedicated choir libraries such as the latest Spitfire offering of the Strezov choirs. Buying these Orchestral Tools products just for the choir section wouldn't make a lot of sense when it comes to "value for money".

Oy. It's really hard to pick one.
I love the legatos in Ark 1, but i love the sound of Hollywood Choirs. I tend to layer these.
Then my vote would go to Oceania for super aggressive marcatos/shorts, even though that's not listed :)
Funny you left in Rhodope as that's a completely different and rather unique choir library.

The choir sections in Metropolis Ark 1 & 2 (also in Time Macro) are fantastic, but I'm not sure it's fair to compare them to dedicated choir libraries such as the latest Spitfire offering of the Strezov choirs. Buying these Orchestral Tools products just for the choir section wouldn't make a lot of sense when it comes to "value for money".

Agree. Have heard the choirs in MA1 and MA2 are fantastic though.

Oy. It's really hard to pick one.
I love the legatos in Ark 1, but i love the sound of Hollywood Choirs. I tend to layer these.
Then my vote would go to Oceania for super aggressive marcatos/shorts, even though that's not listed :)
Funny you left in Rhodope as that's a completely different and rather unique choir library.

I would consider this a list of somewhat more comprehensive/ versatile choirs, capable of a wide range of playing styles.

I have honestly not heard much about Rhodope. Thought it was a comprehensive choir.

Well Rhodope is a completely different thing - it is an Ethnic choir that could not be used in a traditional setting IMO. So maybe you should remove it from the list to avoid confusion? Obviously I won't be voting :))) but if I was to recommend - Dominus sounds great, although haven't had the pleasure of using it @paoling. Orchestral tools' choirs are actually great. If you combine all arks and Time macro you can get a full pallette of choral sounds.

Speaking of Pallette, check out also Palette by @Red Room Audio ...

Well Rhodope is a completely different thing - it is an Ethnic choir that could not be used in a traditional setting IMO. So maybe you should remove it from the list to avoid confusion? Obviously I won't be voting :))) but if I was to recommend - Dominus sounds great, although haven't had the pleasure of using it @paoling. Orchestral tools' choirs are actually great. If you combine all arks and Time macro you can get a full pallette of choral sounds.

Seems like I can only add poll responses, not remove them. Will keep the views I've received on Rhodope in mind though.

Also, cheers for a very gracious response.

Someone should sample the choir from American Dream :)

Probably East West Symphonic Choirs Platinum. I do use the Met Ark 1 choirs, but of course that's mostly for huge-sounding music. They're both great imo.

I haven't had the chance to check out the Strezov stuff yet, and I will sometime in the future.

Maybe put East West Symphonic Choirs Platinum on this list? I don't even bother with Hollywood Choirs, personally.

As much as I appreciate the attempt to poll/rank choirs, I find that even among the ones I own, they are too different to compare.

For the moment -- based on what I own -- Genesis is my clear favorite. Its tone, ease of use, and divisi functionality all make it a joy to use. It's brilliant. For me, this is my initial go-to choir. But... there are times when Requiem Light will be called for. Or Venus. Or Mystica.

I'll likely be picking up Dominus this holiday season because I believe it will fill a hole I have in the tools I own. But I know I will still yearn for additional choir packages because, while Genesis and the others I have can take me a good ways down the road I wish to travel, none capture fully what I have in my heart and mind to record.

Thus... my dream remains to record a live choir performing a worthy enough piece I've written.

Yup. Was that also done with Four for, or was that recorded elsewhere?
Yes, I even had the honour of doing the score prep for that work. But we only recorded strings and brass in Sofia. I believe everything else is samples from Thomas' custom collection. I may be totally wrong of course :)

For the moment -- based on what I own -- Genesis is my clear favorite. Its tone, ease of use, and divisi functionality all make it a joy to use. It's brilliant. For me, this is my initial go-to choir. ******
Thus... my dream remains to record a live choir performing a worthy enough piece I've written.

…. nuther strong Genesis vote !! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom