What's new

Your best 2018 purchase?

Not a sample library, but a DAW.

Reason 10

I did not know that a single DAW could inspire so many ideas, but here we are. Granted, it's not cinematic music, but who cares? I am constantly busy trying out new ideas, patching synths to other devices, experimenting, and Reason allows me to get into that mindset and stay there... which is something no other DAW has ever done for me before. I used to use Reason up to version 5 and then ditched it for greener pastures because of no VST support.

I fell in love all over again. Reason is completely unique in it's design, and it works. It just creates creativity. It made me think differently about the tools I use. Reason isn't just a DAW, it's an instrument, and an endlessly creative one.

Not everybody will like it, especially here, but for me, it does what no other DAW does and that is simply getting me into a deeper mindset than with anything else. It's unique, it's quirky, and by all means the concept shouldn't work, but it does. It is a masterclass in design, and something I think every DAW developer should at least take a good glance at, and learn from it.

This -->
ce571769-7235-4526-a6e0-4fb3a067659f_1.5950d5ccb9718d006eeb5e9ed487db38.jpeg

Our four year old daughter wear it all the time.
On Thursday the kindergarten will have it's first Lucia Parade with a Black Spiderman-Girl.
Best,
Anders

Best answer ever! This is the really important stuff which I sometimes forget, thanks for making me smile man! Go and hug her now! :D

I will reiterate that it was EWC for me, a thousand times over, now that I'm pretty sure Grace Davidson is in the soprano section.

Not a sample library, but a DAW.

Reason 10

Rewire all day, every day.

I swear, when I get to the point that I can spend more time working on music than I do on my day-job, Reason is the first think I'm going to re-acquire. I have no words for how amazing this software is.

I don't like recording in it, but I love everything else. It's basically the most versatile and extensive audio plugin you could ever buy. Propellerheads forever \m/

Top Bottom