What's new

Xsample - latest releases

I have never heard of XSample before, but that solo strings walkthrough video above sounds fantastic to me, and they seem like incredible products. I also managed to find some demos on the website, in other orchestral families, e.g. woodwinds, which also sound fantastic. But the website is a bit of a disaster (sorry!) - Hans Josef, can I suggest if you were to employ someone to produce an English-language version of the website (not just overlay pop-ups) and to restructure and re-word the website so that the product structures, dependencies and pricing were simple and clear, with links to walkthroughs for each product/product family, simplify everything, and carry out some more marketing, I think you could sell a lot more of these products. You've obviously put an enormous amount of work in to them and they sound fantastic to me and they appear to have huge flexibility/playability, and so I think it is terrible shame that it is so hard to find out about them - it seems to me that your products deserve to get out there and compete with the best of the libraries on the market.

While the problem with many libraries today is over-marketing, it seems there is an opposite problem here - too little marketing - I don't mean marketing in the sense of creating a demand to persuade customers to buy things they don't need - I just mean providing simple clear information about the products so people can become aware of them and understand them and decide to purchase or not. I don't think I would buy these products because I don't understand what I need to run them etc, what other products may be needed first / what the combinations are etc (I'm not looking for an answer to this here, I'm just illustrating why I am reluctant to purchase - it's a problem of information/confusion, not quality). I hope I haven't offended you, I'm guess I'm just trying to say these products sound great and deserve the best chance they can get.

Last edited:
I have never heard of XSample before, but that solo strings walkthrough video above sounds fantastic to me, and they seem like incredible products. I also managed to find some demos on the website, in other orchestral families, e.g. woodwinds, which also sound fantastic. But the website is a bit of a disaster (sorry!) - Hans Josef, can I suggest if you were to employ someone to produce an English-language version of the website (not just overlay pop-ups) and to restructure and re-word the website so that the product structures, dependencies and pricing were simple and clear, with links to walkthroughs for each product/product family, simplify everything, and carry out some more marketing, I think you could sell a lot more of these products. You've obviously put an enormous amount of work in to them and they sound fantastic to me and they appear to have huge flexibility/playability, and so I think it is terrible shame that it is so hard to find out about them - it seems to me that your products deserve to get out there and compete with the best of the libraries on the market.

While the problem with many libraries today is over-marketing, it seems there is an opposite problem here - too little marketing - I don't mean marketing in the sense of creating a demand to persuade customers to buy things they don't need - I just mean providing simple clear information about the products so people can become aware of them and understand them and decide to purchase or not. I don't think I would buy these products because I don't understand what I need to run them etc, what other products may be needed first / what the combinations are etc (I'm not looking for an answer to this here, I'm just illustrating why I am reluctant to purchase - it's a problem of information/confusion, not quality). I hope I haven't offended you, I'm guess I'm just trying to say these products sound great and deserve the best chance they can get.

Sad ... Was just going to post something similar re. website. Figuring out price and ordering Solo Strings is a PITA.
Finally got it sorted, but not cool.

Just another voice to encourage translation/localisation into English.

I am looking to buy my first full orchestral library, and I didn't know this existed. I have known about others for years. What I am hearing I like. My German isn't bad so I can just about navigate the site.

However, this needs more market penetration, and unfortunately that needs English. Please, get an actual translator to translate your site. If you need a hand with this let me know, I still think I know a couple of professional translators who can help (I used to work in this industry).

It's definitely a contender for me now. As if my choice wasn't hard enough already...

Thanks for sharing.

viel grusse!

If somebody wants to hear how Xsample sounds in actual, and very well performed, pieces, I suggest to listen to Bogdan Focsaneaunu's pieces. Mostly written in a various contemporary styles, making use of several extended techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjWz4H1w9FEUw9tIw8daqGfn3ndIKh3TD

Paolo
thanks for those links - refreshing to hear fairly untreated contemporary music that is not of the bombastic hollywood film style (I know that is what makes money and a lot of people love that music, but my taste is elsewhere and it is very difficult to try and translate libraries from that style into my preference)

If somebody wants to hear how Xsample sounds in actual, and very well performed, pieces, I suggest to listen to Bogdan Focsaneaunu's pieces. Mostly written in a various contemporary styles, making use of several extended techniques:

Paolo

There’s been a good bit of talk re: Xsample lately. Perhaps this link could be of help to some!

There’s been a good bit of talk re: Xsample lately. Perhaps this link could be of help to some!
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with bumping it every once in a while.
I have been pretty vocal about XSample because I just discovered it last week. I have purchased the Contemporary Solo Strings violin and viola, and I am very impressed. Marketing may not be Hans Josef’s hobby, but I am sure that once more people will find his terrific instruments, he’d make some extra well deserved sales. I contacted him this week and he has been most helpful over the mail. A very good customer experience thus far.

Top Bottom