Writing host automation in K6, broken?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by szcz, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM.

1. szcz

szcz New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Is it just me, or recording button automation in DAW is broken in K6... Try add a button to host automation, arm parameter is host and record, switch the button on and off, stop recording, unarm, playback and... nothing button does not respond. Restart engine with "!" and it starts to receive recorded automation. It seems to work nice with K5. Anyone can confirm?

2. Levitanus

Levitanus Active Member

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    Works fine in Reaper. And yeah you gotta use ui_switch, not ui_button.

4. OP
    OP
    szcz

szcz New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    "Buttons" from user point of view, not KSP insides - so of course "switches", otherwise they wouldn't even appear in automation list in the first place, no?
    It is weird, it doesn't work for me in Reaper and Sonar and I confirmed it doesn't work in Reaper in another system. Again I'm talking about situation when you record automation, not draw automation curves yourself.

5. OP
    OP
    szcz

szcz New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Here's what I'm talking about:

After recording automation, "buttons" won't respond until I restart/reload the instrument.

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    I see. Weird, it did work when I recorded them by pressing the buttons (I was in Touch mode, though), but now I can duplicate this. Reported to NI for investigation.

7. OP
    OP
    szcz

szcz New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Thanks. It's the same for me in touch mode. It works fine in K5 though.