What's new

Would you be interested in a service for individual orchestral session musicians?

denstrow

I am a professional horn player, and I am lucky enough to work with some extremely talented orchestral musicians. Would a service where you can hire individual musicians for sessions, as opposed to whole orchestras, be of any interest to you? If yes, what would your requirements be for you to use it/what would you expect from it? Any caveats?

Heya! Yes.
It is nice to be able to have someone remotely, on short notice, record a top line or some main/solo parts even just to add realism to an otherwise completely sampled performance.
I have used remote session musicians in these dark times.... and it's great.

The thing with brass instruments, is that they do need a large enough space to project and sound their best. (In my experience, artificial reverb just won't cut it if the instrument has been recorded in the "wrong" space) Much less so with other types of instruments I find....
(Talking about orchestral type sound, for jazz or other genres it's a non-issue)

So even having some good equipment should be an addition to having a large (enough) and nice sounding space, which from most homes is not very achievable I imagine....

If the service includes a great sounding recording space (doesn't need to be a huge hall just sound great), then it is something I personally might be interested in.
:)

best of luck!

Heya! Yes.
It is nice to be able to have someone remotely, on short notice, record a top line or some main/solo parts even just to add realism to an otherwise completely sampled performance.
I have used remote session musicians in these dark times.... and it's great.

The thing with brass instruments, is that they do need a large enough space to project and sound their best. (In my experience, artificial reverb just won't cut it if the instrument has been recorded in the "wrong" space) Much less so with other types of instruments I find....
(Talking about orchestral type sound, for jazz or other genres it's a non-issue)

So even having some good equipment should be an addition to having a large (enough) and nice sounding space, which from most homes is not very achievable I imagine....

If the service includes a great sounding recording space (doesn't need to be a huge hall just sound great), then it is something I personally might be interested in.
:)

best of luck!
Thanks for the reply...
I was thinking, since this would be a service mostly for professional composers who are sure to be more demanding than others, to do it in collaboration with a great studio here in Athens (I'm not a recording engineer, so that makes more sense anyway). That would give me the option to have a very good room, and a selection of classic mics.

Thanks for the reply...
I was thinking, since this would be a service mostly for professional composers who are sure to be more demanding than others, to do it in collaboration with a great studio here in Athens (I'm not a recording engineer, so that makes more sense anyway). That would give me the option to have a very good room, and a selection of classic mics.
That sounds great! :)

Top Bottom