Wotan + Freya: Ad-hoc Legato/Staccato switching

meradium

Hi there,

a quick question to any Wotan or Freya users on here: Is there actually a way to quickly switch between legato and staccato samples in their syllabus engine one the fly while playing? So far it seems I have to manually create a second instance of any of the patches and then only load the corresponding sample type in there.... Is this the way it is supposed to be working or am I missing something?

I wasn't able to find any hint in their docs.

I reached out to support as well. In the meantime, maybe somebody on here can point me into the right direction?

I have a bunch of long notes which are followed by a short sequence of staccato notes. Ideally, I would like to toggle that playing style via a controller switch. In VOXOS 2 I am able to control this via velocity: low = staccato, high = longs... But using my loved new addition, I am completely lost how to do this.

My best idea so far has been to make two identical syllable tracks for each group and load one with the longs and one with only the staccatos and then manually copy stuff over between the two when needed. Not really an ideal workflow...

Thanks!

Mike Fox

Hm...

I believe the design was intended for assigning each syllable either staccato or legato, with the option to mix and match. You just have to know which syllable is what so that you can play accordingly, and there is an indicator icon that shows which syllables are staccato.

But there isn't a way to globally switch between legato/staccato, which I think is what you're asking. It would be cool to see that feature implemented, especially for live playing.

OP
meradium

meradium

Spot on. That what I was looking for... I was afraid that might be the case. But it kind of seemed so simple coming from VOXOS that I was hoping I missed something.

Mike Fox

Spot on. That what I was looking for... I was afraid that might be the case. But it kind of seemed so simple coming from VOXOS that I was hoping I missed something.
Yeah, that velocity thing is a pretty common feature in Cinesamples libraries.