What's new

Worst soundtracks suggestions

SquirrelMan

I confess that I never liked the score for Titanic, which is odd because I like so much of Horner's work.
Supposedly the story is that James Cameron wanted Enya to score it. She turned him down so he hired Horner and told him to write like Enya. Which is why the titanic score sounds like third rate Enya.

SquirrelMan

Was watching this movie, Mission to Mars, and cringing so hard about the completely out of place OST.... Waited until the credits to see which John Smith have written this taste-less thing and....ooops!

Ennio doing genres that are not westerns is really really never to my taste, I said it!
Mission to Mars isn't horrible - I liked his little chromatic themes for the floating in space stuff. Ennio's fine outside of westerns. The Untouchables is probably one of my favorite scores, period.

Besides, Ennio on a film he's not 100% in sync with is still miles ahead better than anything you're gonna get out of Zimmer, Junkie XL, etc. or any of the modern guys on their best day.

noisyblocks

Supposedly the story is that James Cameron wanted Enya to score it. She turned him down so he hired Horner and told him to write like Enya. Which is why the titanic score sounds like third rate Enya.
I could never get over the fact that, not only was a major motion picture score using a sampled choir, but a REALLY BAD one. I would have paid for a choir out of my own pocket just to save face. I would have sung it all myself just to save face.

BUT, it was a Cameron movie and so maybe time, not money, was the problem...

South Thames

BUT, it was a Cameron movie and so maybe time, not money, was the problem...

Money was a problem, I remember Don Davis saying so, and that's why quite a lot of the score is non-orchestral.

But I don't think that's the reason for the synth choir. When Horner had the chance to re-record parts of the saore in London for Back To Titanic, he (incredibly) used the same atrocious synths.

Piotrek K.

Worst end credits ever.
Game of thrones: hold my beer!

Spoilers in video!

Every time when I think of this I just can't stop smiling in this WTF just happened way - comedy gold! :D

And in general whole GOT score is huge lackluster and missed opportunity imo (but I hate that style of music - let's call it "Zimmer pupils drumming randomly"). But in the end show lined up with the score ;)

Top Bottom