What's new

Working with Audio vs working with MIDI

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
from what i gather in this forum and the video i saw in cinesamples i ASSume that most like working in midi and then bounce in audio for stems as suppose to bouncing the midi for mixing. also to work on music sound design from VI's like omnisphere, evolve etc. to be able to process that audio with audio effect plugins.

is it true or how do you deal with audio in your template

2 different worlds. Midi is for the right timing, articulations e.t.c., and audio is for the sound.

I always mix only audio tracks. (99,99%) ;)

2 different worlds. Midi is for the right timing, articulations e.t.c., and audio is for the sound.

I always mix only audio tracks. (99,99%) ;)

I'm talking about after the midi timing/volume etc is fine...
How do u manage the audio. In my example the guy in the cinesamples video he has the audio going straight from the vsts to a few audio stems to record them.
Which in the filmscoring world of short deadlines and ever changing "locked" picture it's very nice.

I know Cubase 5 has the multiple export thing now which is amazing for mixing with audio. You can just click off whichever stems like put a checkmark on all the strings and export only them, etc then mix. For more info on this look up Alex Pfeiffer's tutorial video that's similar to the cinesamples one.

Sometimes in Cubase I will set up a second master out, send some soft synths or drum stems through my Mackie and back into an audio track and record real time. I am able to add a little dirt from the mackie pre's as well as do some real time tweaking.

I could see having a full rack of hardware gear or even a decent hw comp I would do this a ton more.

Top Bottom