What's new

Woodwind Freebies/Demo Samples

Chestodrawers

Hi there,
I'm looking to bulk up my library of virtual instruments with some freebies and whilst I've found quite a lot for strings and piano, I can't find any for woodwinds. Does anyone know of any (Kontakt or otherwise) that are good? I have looked in the freebie thread but was having difficulty sorting through it.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I will delete if not.
Thank you

TomislavEP

Hi and welcome!

Personally, I haven't came across many quality woodwind freebies for Kontakt. The first source that comes to mind is "The Alpine Project". This particular developer uses the best public domain samples of the orchestral instruments but in the conjunction with the advanced scripting and programming, making them more expressive out-of-the-box that those in the Kontakt Factory Library. You may also check Embertone, ProjectSAM, and Strezov Sampling websites; I seem to recall seeing some woodwind freebies there as well.

OP
C

Chestodrawers

Thats great, thank you! I've never heard of ProjectSAM until now. What are their paid products like do you know?

TomislavEP

Thats great, thank you! I've never heard of ProjectSAM until now. What are their paid products like do you know?
Honestly, I wouldn't know as I don't own any of them, but I do know they're considered one of the leading developers of orchestral libraries for Kontakt. For example, their "Orchestral Essentials" series is often mentioned alternative to the venerable "Albion" range from Spitfire Audio, which is what I'm using personally.

TigerTheFrog

Proud Amateur
The SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Woodwinds have sold for as little as $4.95. I think they are a steal at that price. Not a freebie, but pretty close. Here's a thread about them.

At this moment they are going for their full list price of $69.99. But that's par for the course with all SONiVOX libraries. The strings from this series sold for $1 a few years back. Be patient and keep an eye out for the eventual sale. Maybe get on the mailing list for Plugin Boutique.

bigcat1969

Hanu_H

Just buy the VSL SE Woodwinds and you're set for life. Amazing library and a total no brainer...

borisb2

Just buy the VSL SE Woodwinds and you're set for life. Amazing library and a total no brainer...
Too late I‘m afraid.. wasn‘t the offer to buy sections only until june 30?

but you still can buy individual instruments for around 50.- each - VSL woodwinds are really good

EDIT: just seen - you still can buy the WW-section for 52.-

Last edited:
Top Bottom