What's new

Winner: Best Use of Saxophone in a Film

Why don't we have adverts like this?

When I was a kid there was a show on TV where they collected some of the funniest commercials from around the world, stuff from Japan appeared quite regularly. This one here is a real gem. I wonder over what timeframe they spread them out so that people understand the overarching storyline.

No doubt! That's a saxy winner.

But I feel so sorry for the vocalist. When he gets the inevitable, "Oh, you're a singer? Have you ever done anything I've ever heard?" question.

Last edited:
No doubt! That's a saxy winner.

But I feel so sorry for the vocalist. When he gets the inevitable, "Oh, you're a singer? Have you ever done anything I've ever heard?" question.

He’s probably now a legend in Japan, getting him much more work by just saying “Long, long man”. Don’t feel too sorry for him ;) In LA it would be a badge of honor. :D

I actually liked how, like an old Andy Warhol film, I thought it was lightly amusing, then I hated it, then I began liking it again as the story progressed and I got more invested in the characters. Really didn’t see the gay twist coming.

To answer the question, I dont think Americans have the attention span if the commercials are spread out over weeks like US commercials are (they are too expensive to make). But it would be good to see more stories in commercials, funny or tragic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom