What's new

Windows Updates Keep Deleting My License for ERA II

SyMTiK

Christopher B.
So I've been running into a problem every single time Windows updates.

While there are a number of other problems it causes (such as changing the sample rate on all my cubase projects >:^( )

My most annoying issue is that it keeps deleting the license to one of my favorite virtual instrument libraries - ERA II Medieval Legends.

Does anyone know of any solution to this? I have had to contact the company every 3 updates asking for a reset on my license registrations when I run out because Windows keeps deleting my license file. Is there perhaps a way to protect the specific location where the license file is kept, or better yet, permanently disable windows updates?? It seems that I can only find temporary solutions to Windows updating. After a certain amount of time it seems Windows forces you to update.

This has only been an issue with this specific library, though I have run into a few times where Cubase's license gets messed up but its easily repairable.

JohnG

Well, I don't know if this is a good idea but there are two things I do:

1. Never connect PC slave computers to the internet except when adding a new library or something that needs a driver -- absolutely necessary; and

2. I open Services, right click Windows Update, and select "Disable" -- you have to click "Apply" I think too -- and that seems to impede / stop updates in their tracks.

I am not sure if this is advisable, FYI.

chillbot

Sock Muppet
2. I open Services, right click Windows Update, and select "Disable" -- you have to click "Apply" I think too -- and that seems to impede / stop updates in their tracks.
Wish it was that easy.

Mine is and has been disabled.

I've tried many of the workarounds floating around. I will keep trying anything and everything I can possibly can.

Not being connected to the internet is not an option.

The VisionDAW team very very strongly advised against going to Win10 for this reason when they built this machine a year ago. But I went against their advice and am dealing with the consequences best I can.

JohnG

Not being connected to the internet is not an option.
I suspect being disconnected 99% of the time is the reason the disabling appears to work. It did work, apparently, for a while, but I've read here that it no longer does the trick, and you've confirmed that. sigh

C.R. Rivera

Popper @ his favorite toy.
I just sent them an effusive message thanking them for their professional and wonderful response to a MS problem. I have to say that it is wonderful to see that a vendor/developer go that extra step to help out their consumers.

Cheers

CRR

tim727

So I've been running into a problem every single time Windows updates.

While there are a number of other problems it causes (such as changing the sample rate on all my cubase projects >:^( )

My most annoying issue is that it keeps deleting the license to one of my favorite virtual instrument libraries - ERA II Medieval Legends.

Does anyone know of any solution to this? I have had to contact the company every 3 updates asking for a reset on my license registrations when I run out because Windows keeps deleting my license file. Is there perhaps a way to protect the specific location where the license file is kept, or better yet, permanently disable windows updates?? It seems that I can only find temporary solutions to Windows updating. After a certain amount of time it seems Windows forces you to update.

This has only been an issue with this specific library, though I have run into a few times where Cubase's license gets messed up but its easily repairable.
This has happened to me as well with ERA and also with my other Best Service/Tarilonte libraries. It's very frustrating. Luckily though, in my Best Service account it never actually updates the number of licenses I've used. I've downloaded all my Best Service libs well over three times and yet have never had to contact them to get the licenses replenished.

Wes Antczak

I'm in the same boat regarding needing to re-authorize after some of the bigger Windows updates. Best Service seems to be aware of this issue and so far it has not been any problem at all asking them to reset the counter if needed. If you run out, just send a note to support. I've had a similar issue with FAW Circle.

Top Bottom