What's new

Win10 updates remove all Magix e-licenses?

chillbot

Sock Muppet
I can't find anything on this on the internets... can't be I'm the only one this is happening to?

Every time Win10 sends an update, I have to reactivate all five of my libraries in Engine (Forest Kingdom II, Desert Winds, Anicent Era, Synthwerk, Titan). This is obviously a huge pain-in-the-ass of a process... AND I'm out of activations now so I'll have to contact Best Service and sort it out.

Help?

Yes - I saw this today but only on two of the many engine libraries I have (Desert Winds and Ancient Era) - hassle for sure now and later (when I have to ask for more activations.)

Huh, that's weird. And I just noticed it only happened on 4 out of the 5. Desert Winds was spared. Last time it was all 5 of them so I assumed the same. I just contacted support, maybe they will suggest something...

I can't find anything on this on the internets... can't be I'm the only one this is happening to?

Every time Win10 sends an update, I have to reactivate all five of my libraries in Engine (Forest Kingdom II, Desert Winds, Anicent Era, Synthwerk, Titan). This is obviously a huge pain-in-the-ass of a process... AND I'm out of activations now so I'll have to contact Best Service and sort it out.

Help?
Microsoft's WIN 10 update schedule is so annoying. After latest update all my USB controllers stopped working, not to mention iLok and e-Licenser went completely crazy. After I uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them again, all came back to normal. Touch OSC bridge refused to work, no matter what I did, so I've spent one full day researching for a solution, nada.

Conclusion, since I have a sequence of projects ahead, I decided to reinstall everything from scratch, Touch OSC came back from the dead, however, after updates, USB controllers stopped again, after a new USB drivers uninstall and install all came back to normal again.

i want to make a prediction: Remember when they decided to take off the start button, and then, got it back because...well, because it just made sense to put it back? Well, I think their next OS will give us the option to not UPGRADE, maybe forcing us ONLY to update. If we asked a Cactus, it would say, yeah; "Upgrade when you want".

Sorry, just ranting, can't help with Best Service's library, however, I am sure they'll understand it if you e-mail them, I once had a faulty DVD and they replaced it as soon as I e-mailed them.

Well I guess that's that.

"Hi chillbot. This is, unfortunately, a windows 10 problem. Every “bigger” update changes Hardware ID´s and you´ll lose your activation. Just activate in your account again. As soon you run out on activations, let us know and we´ll reset the counter."

Yup thats the unfortunate reality, but they are very quick with resetting it (mostly within minutes and only had one time to wait an hour), but it is a royal pain in the *censored by a mod with a desk*

Yup thats the unfortunate reality, but they are very quick with resetting it (mostly within minutes and only had one time to wait an hour), but it is a royal pain in the *censored by a mod with a desk*
I'm going to hire some schmuck to deal with shit like this for me. I can't deal.

Yes, same here. Latest Win10 update broke my Engine and XLN licenses. And it has happened to me a few times already with previous updates. I'm sure they are aware of this and will reset your licenses very quick.

Ideally they would both tweak their authorization scheme so that it doesn't depend on hardware ID, which is obviously volatile. There are other things they can base their C&R on.

I installed the brand new ENGINE update two days ago and made a Windows 10 BIOS update yesterday. The licensing problem still is there, and I have to re-authorize all of my ERA libraries again. In the release notes, they specified that the Windows 10 problem had been fixed, but it's NOT!... I'm fed-up with that crap.

Same here. All of my Engine (mostly Tari's) libraries got hosed yet again. <sigh> Luckily, Best Service is very good about resetting authorization counts. Just drop them a note and you'll get sorted fairly quickly. It might be nice if there were a dongle option as well. I would even be willing to pay an extra iLok fee and have more peace of mind regarding my investment.

Top Bottom