What's new

will there be an app like for the ROLI with the AEROPHONE 10g?

alainhalimi

Hi.
I just discovered the aerophone and then this awesome community of VI CONTROL.
I am just curious to know if anyone would be aware of a developper who would create awesome sounds like for the ROLI for the Aerophone.

Thanks

OP
A

alainhalimi

Thank you for your answers.
Yes I have seen all the video related to the Aerophone.
I am looking for a virtual instrument bank that would be wind control ready but also inspiring,contrasted from sound to sound , I found that the roli one is quite impressive for the price but I am new to wind controller and a bit lost .
The aerophone appeals to me but it is hard to know if the sounds onboard are good.It seems that they arent.

I intend to perform live with it so i am looking fro a compact/versatile/well priced(300?)/and ready for wind controller solution . Roli software seems to be all of that but not ready to wind controller...
Also i intend to use it from an Ipad ideally, i dont have a laptop. The companies you suggested are great but quite pricy and not really (yet) for Ipad...

I am open to suggestions, I already spent quite some time looking at different banks, and feel a bit lost.
The conception of the midi controller seems ok but the offer in term of sounds seems less important to manufacturer. I couldnt even find a demo of all the aerophone sounds.

Thank you for taking the time to read me and sorry for my clumsy english !

Saxer

In my experience all wind controllers are great for sounds like winds and brass and maybe bowed instruments. The main thing to feel comfortable as a wind player is the control over the dynamic via breath. If you blow harder the sound gehts louder (like in real life, haha), if you stop breathing the sound dies. It never really worked for me playing percussive instruments or instruments with a longer release time like bells, pianos, guitars. The trigger point for a sound (level of breath that is needed to start the note) is not really precise when playing soft. That doesn't matter if the level follows the curve of breath, because this breath curve is the envelope. In other words: velocity controlled sounds with an own generated or sampled envelope doesn't play good via wind control. Or vice versa: every sound following the curve of the breath sounds more or less like a brass or wind instrument. It's the nature of it.
A lot of the Roli sounds are made for triggering an automatic envelope and add modulation after the note start. It's a different beast. It is possible to trigger sounds via wind controller that don't follow the breath dynamic curve and instead use the breath for all kind of modulation like fading in another sound layer or controlling effects. Experimental stuff. But that will not feel very playable. To me it feels a bit like playing keyboard with Chinese chop sticks. Possible but not precise and in no way an advantage over keyboard playing.

Last edited:
OP
A

alainhalimi

even if you attirbute cc2(am i right? is that the volume control?) ?
sorry i am a newbie, watching tutorials atm...

Top Bottom