Why are all my followers on Soundcloud probably bots?

Discussion in 'Newbie Questions' started by sIR dORT, Feb 20, 2019.

1. sIR dORT

sIR dORT Active Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Whenever I post a track, someone follows me, and they usually have nothing posted except some weird "Submit your track - link in description" thing. Is this just something automatic, and is there a way to get it so that those who follow me aren't, for lack of a better word, bots?

David

2. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    Yes, this happens to me every time I upload a track. Maybe having a Premium Soundcloud account stops this type of spamming? I simply remove them from my followers list immediately.

3. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    I get those “submit your track” followers all the time too. But I’m pretty sure mine are all legitimate and extremely gorgeous women like their profile photos prove.

Ben E, HotCoffee, Tim_Wells and 6 others like this.
  4. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Well, if i buy soundcloud (or any social media) followers and all of their bots just click my profile to follow me then the system (soundcloud etc) will know its bots. Or it will be too easy to tell its not real followers.
    therefore, those fake accounts just clicks a huge number or random profiles (like yours), ads, etc, follow all types of poeple etc so they look like real accounts. some or obvious. others have known how to hide it better.

for example:
    http://www.buzzdayz.com/buy-soundcloud-followers/
    10k followers all from the same account and someone else orders the serve with the same 10k will look dubious and also get soundclous to take down the accoutns.

5. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    I like those who like and follow after 5 seconds of posting a new track. Hilarious.

Fredeke likes this.
  6. nordicguy

nordicguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2007
    All I know is mine have great taste.

Fredeke and Saxer like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    sIR dORT

sIR dORT Active Member

Oct 26, 2018
    You could definitely be right. I usually keep them to pad my own ego (unless there desperate as you'll find)
    :rofl: