"WHOLE" Original Soundtrack (WIP, feedback welcome)

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by ka00, Apr 14, 2019.

1. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm working on the soundtrack for an audio narrative podcast series I am working to develop. Some of these tracks will be horror/thriller oriented, and some not.

If you have any thoughts about any of the tracks, I would greatly appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I like the opening which is very evocative. But the whole isn't jelling for me. It's not the accidentals. The figures are not sharply defined and so I start to drift more along the lines of an ambient piece, though yours is more insistent than that. Even then it might have worked if you could have maintained the precarious balance, but the scoring overall seems off (the piano in particular seems too far forward, the bass is a bit much as well).

ka00 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    EDIT: This reply makes more sense before I edited the thread title and song contents.

Thanks so much, @jbuhler! I think I will try to reimagine this song a bit.

My favourite section is the string part near the end and I want to better support that.

The faster piano and bass line section near the middle gave me nothing but trouble.

Might also change out the piano as well as I’m having some small tuning issues I think with it.

Thanks again.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    jbuhler likes this.
  4. BlackDorito

BlackDorito Member

Oct 16, 2017
    The track seems to be gone ... I think your mom took it down :)

Update: it's back. must've been my computer. I like the emotive strings in the 2nd half. Felt pianos always set a contemplative or detached mood for me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    ka00 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I think it’s worth me taking another crack at this. I should have sketched it all out on the piano first.

6. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Just posted two new/revised tracks in this thread. Original version is gone. Please see the initial post, where I briefly explain what the heck I'm up to here... and more importantly... how I would LOVE your feedback!

Thanks!

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  7. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    VI’s used:

Embertone Concert Grand
    CSS + CSSS
    CSB
    Diva
    AudioBro Genesis
    VSL Clarinet SE
    OT Berlin Percussion, MA2 Harp Tremolo
    CinemorphX
    Phonec Phosphor
    Omnisphere

8. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    I just added "track 12". More sound design heavy, and more horror oriented. Same with track 6.

9. OP
    OP
    ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    I just added "track 7". A bit more involved than the other tracks so far, so would really love some feedback on any aspect. Composition, orchestration, mix, etc. Need fresh ears.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019 at 4:31 PM