What's new

Who is Audio Wonder?

Thanks for this explanation. Good luck with Audio Wonder :thumbsup:
Thank You. Did you ever receive the harp by the way? It sounds like I had not yet implemented the automated delivery system when you tried to get it. If not PM me and I will shoot you a link.

Promising a high end woodwinds library that was in development for years and performed by high end studio musicans and then delivering a useless hybrid library didn't help.

Promising a high end woodwinds library that was in development for years and performed by high end studio musicans and then delivering a useless hybrid library didn't help.

I agree that it didn't help and there is a long painful story behind that, that I won't go into. The scope of Hybrid Winds did change as I got deeper into development and I realized it would be best delivered in its current form. However, I believe calling it "useless" is a stretch, the feedback on it has been very positive for the most part. While I didn't achieve all of what I set out to do with the library in the end, Hybrid Winds is a massive library full of many unique sounds, there are some true gems in there particularly the pads. I've not received a single negative comment from a user yet.

If you purchased the library with the hope that you would be getting a solo woodwinds library and were disappointed with the change in scope then I apologize. However, I did send an email to those who pre-purchased notifying them of the change and providing a partial refund to make up the difference in pricing that was made to reflect the change in content. (They also received a freebie library for the unexpected delay).

There were very few pre-orders and I imagine anyone who might have been bothered by the change of direction would have articulated as much to me via e-mail. They did not. Those who purchased AFTER the pre-order knew what they were getting so no harm done. If you personally pre-ordered the library and are unhappy than shoot me an e-mail and I will resolve that with you.

Last edited:
If I may share an opinion, Olajide, there are some stuff you did that you have to be quite experienced to successfully apply.

Exclusive libraries, preorders, promised updates and semi-subscription models, all of that is stuff that it has to be planned carefully because otherwise you'll risk to get screwed. We promised an update for our violin library, but in the end we weren't totally convinced about that and we decided not to commit the same mistake (promising updates) again.

Preorder are stuff for companies like Spitfire, which have users that buy everything based on the trust they gained through the years. It's already a complex market if you go plain simple, you don't need to further complicate your life. In the end the most valuable assets in this business are the quality of your products and the trust of your customers. Treat both with the greatest care you can.

If I may share an opinion, Olajide, there are some stuff you did that you have to be quite experienced to successfully apply.

Exclusive libraries, preorders, promised updates and semi-subscription models, all of that is stuff that it has to be planned carefully because otherwise you'll risk to get screwed. We promised an update for our violin library, but in the end we weren't totally convinced about that and we decided not to commit the same mistake (promising updates) again.

Preorder are stuff for companies like Spitfire, which have users that buy everything based on the trust they gained through the years. It's already a complex market if you go plain simple, you need to further complicate your life. In the end the most valuable assets in this business are the quality of your products and the trust of your customers. Treat both with the greatest care you can.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, it is good to know I am not the only one learning these things. I do not plan on taking pre-orders again any time soon, that was a big mess. I don't know when private libraries I will definitely do again even if just for friends and close colleagues. I totally agree with you, the main takeaway from my experiences has been that it is very important to under promise to customers and clients and then surprise them happily with something extra. The opposite of that behavior leads to failure and frustration.

Forgive me as I appreciate your desire to correct course and your willingness to communicate on these boards.

However the winds sound like poorly sampled instruments that have been drenched in convolution reverb to hide the fact that they are simply not professional samples. As I simply play up the keyboard I come to samples that sound like they aren't even from the same instrument. A couple mellow samples in a row and then suddenly one that shrieks like a banshee.

In addition to a poor sound they are wildly inconsistent in basic ways from note to note. Some note are vastly louder than others and some take a second or more to start while the notes beside them start instantly. The samples aren't actually edited, you changed the start point inside Kontakt and often cut off the start of the sample. I hold myself to a higher standard and I give instruments away.

You purchased an email ad from a forum devoted to professional orchestral samples and sold a solo woodwinds library that was according to the ad years in the making and performed by top musicians. Based on this ad you should have released a high quality woodwinds library such as Fluffy Audio would be proud of releasing. Instead you released a library that sounds like it was performed by high school music students and produced for a senior project by a student who had just discovered Kontakt and convolution reverb.

Forgive me as I appreciate your desire to correct course and your willingness to communicate on these boards.

However the winds sound like poorly sampled instruments that have been drenched in convolution reverb to hide the fact that they are simply not professional samples. As I simply play up the keyboard I come to samples that sound like they aren't even from the same instrument. A couple mellow samples in a row and then suddenly one that shrieks like a banshee.

In addition to a poor sound they are wildly inconsistent in basic ways from note to note. Some note are vastly louder than others and some take a second or more to start while the notes beside them start instantly. The samples aren't actually edited, you changed the start point inside Kontakt and often cut off the start of the sample. I hold myself to a higher standard and I give instruments away.

You purchased an email ad from a forum devoted to professional orchestral samples and sold a solo woodwinds library that was according to the ad years in the making and performed by top musicians. Based on this ad you should have released a high quality woodwinds library such as Fluffy Audio would be proud of releasing. Instead you released a library that sounds like it was performed by high school music students and produced for a senior project by a student who had just discovered Kontakt and convolution reverb.

Thank You. There was no reverb (convolution or otherwise) used in the sound design process, so the accusation that I was trying to "hide poor samples by drenching them in reverb" is false. Each sound is the result of up to 20 individual fx in series and the only reverb is in the engine (which can be bypassed). In creating the library I came to the realization that the raw material would be best presented purely in a sound design context and that yes, the samples were not strong enough to justify their existence as a traditional woodwinds library. While the samples admittedly fell quite short of the standard I would be happy to stand behind as pure orchestral samples, I believed and still believe that the collection as it exists is an inspiring and unique collection of sound design tools. I won't deny that the library would have benefitted from some additional editing, if I had it to do again I would have approached the process differently.

You clearly feel very strongly about the library and I respect your expressing your opinions. I am always open to feedback and constructive criticism, however if you have in fact purchased the library you've had it for weeks and not once reached out by email to share your thoughts. I find that perplexing. I feel like that would have been the most appropriate and effective way to get your message across. Had you pointed out specific issues to me in an email that would have allowed me to address many of the issues you've mentioned in a future update.

E-mail me in the next 48 hours and I will refund your money in full.

Best,
OP

Last edited:
Olajide -
You promised us and your Scream customers that there would be an update to your scream library to fix some of the issues people emailed and noted to you regarding play-ability. Well we never got an update. Thus I am hesitant to purchase any new libraries from you and dont recommend to others here either because of much dishonesty. Does the 8dio Symphonic Shadows fix these issues and are you able to release an updated version of Scream now to be on par with Symphonic Shadows in the scripting and coding improvements? I'm guessing not or you will just simply ignore our messages again.

Olajide -
You promised us and your Scream customers that there would be an update to your scream library to fix some of the issues people emailed and noted to you regarding play-ability. Well we never got an update. Thus I am hesitant to purchase any new libraries from you and dont recommend to others here either because of much dishonesty. Does the 8dio Symphonic Shadows fix these issues and are you able to release an updated version of Scream now to be on par with Symphonic Shadows in the scripting and coding improvements? I'm guessing not or you will just simply ignore our messages again.

IIRC the fixes to Scream made by 8 Dio were considerable (new UI etc etc) and Scream owners got the SS library for 29 bucks. SS was something like 40% off 199 for a while but is back at 299 now.
Yes, it was messy at the time but the 29 dollar croissantgrade to Symphonic Shadows was a good way out of that mess at the time IMHO.

lQPPPPi.jpg

In other words, you're making another new company so you can better hide your name so as not to put up with the scrutiny while systematically shafting the AW customers at the same time? This sounds vaguely familiar.

Thank You. There was no reverb (convolution or otherwise) used in the sound design process, so the accusation that I was trying to "hide poor samples by drenching them in reverb" is false. Each sound is the result of up to 20 individual fx in series and the only reverb is in the engine (which can be bypassed). In creating the library I came to the realization that the raw material would be best presented purely in a sound design context and that yes, the samples were not strong enough to justify their existence as a traditional woodwinds library. While the samples admittedly fell quite short of the standard I would be happy to stand behind as pure orchestral samples, I believed and still believe that the collection as it exists is an inspiring and unique collection of sound design tools. I won't deny that the library would have benefitted from some additional editing, if I had it to do again I would have approached the process differently.

You clearly feel very strongly about the library and I respect your expressing your opinions. I am always open to feedback and constructive criticism, however if you have in fact purchased the library you've had it for weeks and not once reached out by email to share your thoughts. I find that perplexing. I feel like that would have been the most appropriate and effective way to get your message across. Had you pointed out specific issues to me in an email that would have allowed me to address many of the issues you've mentioned in a future update.

Best,
OP

After reading and remembering what your old customers experienced with your old company and how you managed also the first thread (where you sold your scream library), I hope you will change, but something tells me that you are talking bullshit and I actually don´t believe you one word here. Sorry to say. Let some action walk the long talk. How about that? And of course everybody deserves a second chance, now is your time to make it better...

Last edited:

Best,
OP
This vaguely brings to mind the whole debacle with that fellow who sold repackaged Cinesamples and VSL libraries as his own. https://vi-control.net/community/th...at-happened-to-my-post-of-this-morning.31372/ I hope I'm wrong.

For clarification:
I'm not openly equating the clear criminal conduct of the Icesamples guy with Olajide Paris. It just echoed something for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom