What's new

While we're waiting for Bond...

Loïc D

Monkeying with libraries
I spent the last few weeks working on this tune.

I actually started writing the revised Bond theme arrangement and variations upon God Save The Queen.
Any comments a warmly welcome !

Video version (my first DAWcast !) :

Audio only :

The video took me a LOT of time - I'm learning Resolve (BTW, what a great video editing software).
I did all the titles, callouts, color grading, etc. by myself.

Libraries used are :
Piano : Noire (+ Valhalla Super Massive)
Strings : SCS, Symphonic Motions
Brass : JXL
WW : Infinite Woodwinds
Harp : Spitfire Harp
Orch Percs : Spitfire Percs + OT Inspire 1
Other Percs : Sample Logic MAP, 8Dio Framedrums
FX : Bunker Samples Off-World vol 1

Synths used are :
Alchemy, Sampler
Arturia Pigments 2 (homemade patches)

Mix & Master :
Logic EQ, Compressor
LiquidSonics : 7thH Pro, CR Pro
FF ProQ3
Softube Tape, Drawmer S73

Thanks a lot @doctoremmet
I’m really struggling to get a balanced template...
The power and tone of my main 3 libs is so different (IW, SCS, JXL).

Thanks a lot @doctoremmet
I’m really struggling to get a balanced template...
The power and tone of my main 3 libs is so different (IW, SCS, JXL).
Well... colour me very impressed by the balance in said template... I can tell a lot of work went into it. Love the sound of SCS too... (oh no haha)...

Wow, I really like it a lot. Especially the Strings - both in writing and tone - very much give me Bond vibes.

The only thing that I noticed which could be improved a bit in my opinion (I'm a noob, so don't take it too seriously) was the Brass. It just sounded a bit too much not being in the same room as the rest. I have to add that I was listening on my mobile phone - so certain frequencies are for sure boosted way too much and that might exaggerate the whole thing a bit.

But again, great piece of music. You should be proud!

Ah thanks, first time I get very positive reviews. I guess that working hard starts to pay :)
I still have a lot to study and will buy Adler’s Orchestration very soon.
Brass is indeed hard to deal with since JXL is way more powerful than my other libs. I’ll adjust the brass again for my next tune, thanks. But most prob

The combination of Noire with Valhalla Super Massive is a joy to play. It was a huge motivation starter for this tune.

If this tune sounds fine on mobile phone & iPad, I assume the mix is not so bad. ;)

Ah thanks, first time I get very positive reviews. I guess that working hard starts to pay :)
I still have a lot to study and will buy Adler’s Orchestration very soon.
Brass is indeed hard to deal with since JXL is way more powerful than my other libs. I’ll adjust the brass again for my next tune, thanks. But most prob

The combination of Noire with Valhalla Super Massive is a joy to play. It was a huge motivation starter for this tune.

If this tune sounds fine on mobile phone & iPad, I assume the mix is not so bad. ;)
Obviously, I don't think that you need tips regarding mixing (because from what I can hear, you are doing a great job, in general). But I just wanted to recommend to you dSONIQ Realphones (or some similar software). It has some great simulations for all kinds of listening scenarios and I find it really helpful.

Excellent. I was smirking the whole way through. Very smart. I'm still walking out of the theater like I can beat anybody up along the way and drive away in a shower of glamorous dust and noise.

Bravo.

I liked very much the world of intrigue and action the music was calling up, but it didn’t feel especially Bond-like to me. The orchestration especially didn’t seem of that world. But i thought it worked on its own terms as a title sequence for an action thriller with romantic entanglements.

Top Bottom