What's new

Which XLN Drum Packs do you like the best?

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
Theres a sale now and i have several.

Im wondering if any of the packs i dont have are good or about the same. Im looking at the united pop and united heavy. I have the fairfax's and metal and a few others.

Vintage dry is my favorite, modern soul and r&b and united pop also get lots of use
THX ! If list is not toooo long __ can you also mention preferred MIDIpaks, even Kitpiece Paks _ eespecially related to your fav ADpaks noted above ?
Have some of each, but likely to add your choice of ADpaks _ via Custom Collection @ $118.30.

THX ! If list is not toooo long __ can you also mention preferred MIDIpaks, even Kitpiece Paks _ eespecially related to your fav ADpaks noted above ?
Have some of each, but likely to add your choice of ADpaks _ via Custom Collection @ $118.30.
I've mostly selected midi paks for styles that require a lot of work because they're complicated, or styles I'm not so good at, that is all the funk stuff (funk beats 1 & 2 and Funk'd up) and jazz patterns, I do also have vintage dry and reggae midi paks but I rarely use any ready made midis unless it's a lot of work. The kitpiece selection is pretty limited and I have most of the ethnic stuff in other libraries, so I've mostly selected snares and kicks.

I have also Indie, Funk, Jazz Brushes and Studio Rock adpaks but Vintage Dry, United Pop and Modern Soul and R&B get most use, however none of the other ones are bad, I just use them less. The Studio Rock is one of the oldest kits though and I bought it only because I got it really cheap. leo007 has one for $10 on the for sale-section.

If you buy a bundle, you don't have to select everything in one go, so you can just pick one kit and play with it and then select maybe a kitpiece or midi pak next month, the site keeps track how many activations you have left for each type.

Last edited:
I've mostly selected midi paks for styles that require a lot of work because they're complicated, or styles I'm not so good at, that is all the funk stuff (funk beats 1 & 2 and Funk'd up) and jazz patterns, I do also have vintage dry and reggae midi paks but I rarely use any ready made midis unless it's a lot of work. The kitpiece selection is pretty limited and I have most of the ethnic stuff in other libraries, so I've mostly selected snares and kicks.

I have also Indie, Funk, Jazz Brushes and Studio Rock adpaks but Vintage Dry, United Pop and Modern Soul and R&B get most use, however none of the other ones are bad, I just use them less. The Studio Rock is one of the oldest kits though and I bought it only because I got it really cheap. leo007 has one for $10 on the for sale-section.

If you buy a bundle, you don't have to select everything in one go, so you can just pick one kit and play with it and then select maybe a kitpiece or midi pak next month, the site keeps track how many activations of each you have left for each.
Super bundle tip !! Not aware that these sub items could be chosen piece-meal. THX !
Also have Studio Rock, Jazz Brushes + Jazz Sticks, Fairfax 1, Boutique Mallets, Metal, Session Percussion. A Keyboardist _ always tough choosing drum/percussion libs !! Many thanks for helping.

And just for your information, the last new kit was released 5 years ago, I asked XLN Audio recently if they have abandoned AD2 or if they're still developing it, they replied there's something coming up and it's far from abandoned.

Top Bottom