Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Chris Hein Solo Strings

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Ganampf

Hello,

I really need a Solo String Library, as I haven't got one; I also am a student and don't want to bust the bank.
For the rest of the orchestra I am using EW Hollywood Orchestra Diamond.

At first I thought about the new Spitfire Solo Strings, but heard some bad things about their unrealistic sound and that they somehow are panned to the left from the start, has anyone tried them out? Also Spitfire Samples also seem so damn wet, isn't that a problem when blending with other sounds and other reverbs?

Then I wanted to buy Cinematic Studio Solo Strings for Educational Pirce 199$, but it doesn't include Bass; I looked it up and wanted to fill that gap with the embertone Leonid Bass for 99$ or sth.

I looked up the other Embertones and started to like them more, as I like that roughness and woodiness, but after some time it started to sound too woody for me. Also, I started to find the CSSS a bit thin and Synth-like.

As you may have noticed, I have listened to so much samples I don't know what to think anymore..
I would just like a realistic, "in-your-face" sound that can also handle beautiful legato melodies; so nothing too wet or too thin.

Spitfire seemed so perfect for me, beautiful realistic sound for a rather cheap price, but people don't seem to like it that much; maybe someone could explain that from self-experience.

I recently tried out the free strings from Spitfire's "LAB", and I love the sound from them; especially the staccatos that really can blow you away with their hard and bassy, but also gentle sound. So that would be the sound I'm aiming for, maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

I hope you understand what I am looking for, and can help me with your experience.

MaxOctane

There is no right answer. I recommend you use the Search feature (or just a Google search with "vi-control.com" as part of your query) and read the many many many pages on this.

Reactions: Zee
Top Bottom