What's new

Which single instrument (SINE) from OT should I get?

Lassi Tani

Hi all! I have 50e to spend for a single instrument (SINE) from Orchestral Tools. Which instrument or choir or anything do you recommend? I'm not really looking anything specific :roflmao:. I'll list what I have already:

- JXL Brass Horns a4
- JXL Brass Horns a6
- JXL Brass Trumpets a3
- JXL Brass Trombones a3
- Ark 1, Ark 2
- Tableau Solo Strings
- Phoenix Orchestra

You mean complete Ark 1 / 2? Thats quite a big different to a single JXL instrument. I guess you mean one instrument from these libraries

if so, the choirs are great from both Arks. Low Strings as well, Brass might be more flexible if you go with JXL

Hi all! I have 50e to spend for a single instrument (SINE) from Orchestral Tools. Which instrument or choir or anything do you recommend? I'll list what I have already:

- JXL Brass Horns a4
- JXL Brass Horns a6
- JXL Brass Trumpets a3
- JXL Brass Trombones a3
- Ark 1, Ark 2
- Tableau Solo Strings
- Phoenix Orchestra
Hard to tell :)
If I were you, I would probably check one instrument from the BWW Soloists, or maybe something from Modus? I got their Low Brass a few months ago and it's very good.
But I'm not you, ahah. Do you lack something in your current setup?

It might be smart to aim for something very versatile, like one of the new-to-SINE woodwinds, or a string, choir, or brass patch from the ARKs, or an instrument from JXL that you need. Personally i love the gentle and expressive nature of the choirs in ARK2, though they are limited. I also love the concept and sound of the woodwind soloists

Hard to tell :)
If I were you, I would probably check one instrument from the BWW Soloists, or maybe something from Modus? I got their Low Brass a few months ago and it's very good.
But I'm not you, ahah. Do you lack something in your current setup?
I don't really lack anything :laugh: at least in a traditional orchestra lineup. Maybe I'm looking for new sounds. I just wish Time Micro was in Sine already.

You mean complete Ark 1 / 2? Thats quite a big different to a single JXL instrument. I guess you mean one instrument from these libraries

if so, the choirs are great from both Arks. Low Strings as well, Brass might be more flexible if you go with JXL
I wrote I already have Ark 1 and 2 :) and a few of JXL Brass instruments.

I don't really lack anything :laugh: at least in a traditional orchestra lineup. Maybe I'm looking for new sounds. I just wish Time Micro was in Sine already.
Well in that case, I can tell you I really liked the unusual articulations and tensions in the Modus Low Brass. It the other instruments are in the same mood (and I think they are), it's probably a very good choice!

Well in that case, I can tell you I really liked the unusual articulations and tensions in the Modus Low Brass. It the other instruments are in the same mood (and I think they are), it's probably a very good choice!
I'll check that out! I haven't really listened to Modus demos nor walkthroughs.

I'll check that out! I haven't really listened to Modus demos nor walkthroughs.
I didn't either when it came out. But like you, I had a voucher to spend and it caught my attention :) You can listen to the mini-demos for each instrument in the SINE store, they are brilliantly done. I would trust that more than the full walkthroughs and demos.

I didn't either when it came out. But like you, I had a voucher to spend and it caught my attention :) You can listen to the mini-demos for each instrument in the SINE store, they are brilliantly done. I would trust that more than the full walkthroughs and demos.
Good tip! Thanks! The Modus low strings sound great too!

Top Bottom