What's new

Which reverbs can turn off ER?

Dewdman42

which reverb plugins, including all types(algorithmic, convolution, etc), have the capability to turn off Early Reflections?

My primary interest is using it in conjunction with MirPro, which already includes an excellent algorithmic reverb (Miracle) for this purpose, but I am just wondering what alternatives there are for providing the tail of verb and specifically turn off Early Reflections in order to use together with MirPro, or perhaps with other similar tools like Virtual Sound Stage, Management, EeReverb, etc..

Almost every reverb plugin in my plugin folder has this feature (Lexicon PCM, IR-1, H-Reverb, RVerb, Trueverb, Altiverb 7, Revibe II, Eventide Ultrareverb...and others). So I guess the list of those which lack this feature would be much shorter.

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

All the Exponential Audio reverbs

Seventh Heaven (both pro and base versions, I think)

Valhalla Room

Lexicon PCM Native

Relab's 480l and VSR24

Reverberate 2

Eareverb 2

B2 and Aether (Breeze 2 kinda does, but not in the way you're looking for, I think)

A lot of others have ways of slowing the attack or controlling the diffusion of the early energy in a way that can accomplish similar goals with some effort, but the above all have distinct early reflection controls.

I wondering if there a way to turn off or tightly minimize Early Reflections on EW-Spaces II?

I wondering if there a way to turn off or tightly minimize Early Reflections on EW-Spaces II?

There are rear room microphones for most impulses, which definitely have less pronounced early reflections in the larger spaces, but no way to directly control them.

Seventh Heaven is an emulation of the Bricasti M7 with a Fusion-IR approach. Included is the ability to control the blend of ER and LR. Naturally you can go 100% LR to remove the ER entirely.

Seventh Heaven is an emulation of the Bricasti M7 with a Fusion-IR approach. Included is the ability to control the blend of ER and LR. Naturally you can go 100% LR to remove the ER entirely.

I believe that the same thing can do with Reverberate 2 using Fusion-IR which is also from LiquidSonics, but to my ears it distorts the natural sound, specially if you work with samples. It will probably be better to work with only one reverb, but which one to use, it's up to you.

Last edited:
I think absolutely you should only work with one reverb. I use SH in my template on two sends (one for ER and one for LR) but I always make sure they are set to the same exact configuration and source IR. This way the send levels are merely to control blend but it's still the continuous reverb sound. The idea of combining an ER from one reverb with the tail of another seems odd to me. I don't know if I would find it "unnatural" per se, especially because I don't concern myself with natural sound, but if your goal is natural sound, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

I use SH in my template on two sends (one for ER and one for LR) but I always make sure they are set to the same exact configuration and source IR.
anyway that's interesting and I never stop experimenting:), so I also have SH, may I ask you about a small example of your template? which DAW you are using?

Last edited:
Top Bottom