What's new

Which piano samples?

SillyMidOn

My problem with IS Walnut Steinway is the velocity layers are a) too few and b) too obvious. When I play it at a constant velocity it sounds excellent, but I can hear the layers switch in and out. CFX and Ivory are far better illusions IMHO in that regard. THe CFX response to velocity is pretty much perfect - the tone changes as you expect a real piano to with no detectable steps.
Intersting - I need to check those two out in more detail. That issue with velocity layers is one I have with all pianos, but with the Walnut I can live best with it. I keep meaning to buy the 127 velocity layer Fazioli that Imperfect Samples do - in theory that one should work best, but that's in theory.

One thing I do dislike about the Walnut Grand is that the samples at very low velocities sound far too different between sustain pedal on and off and there is, on some notes, quite a loud thunk when the pedal moves, on the sample itself, so turning of the pedal noice does not make a difference.

OP
dman007

dman007

Intersting - I need to check those two out in more detail. That issue with velocity layers is one I have with all pianos, but with the Walnut I can live best with it. I keep meaning to buy the 127 velocity layer Fazioli that Imperfect Samples do - in theory that one should work best, but that's in theory.

One thing I do dislike about the Walnut Grand is that the samples at very low velocities sound far too different between sustain pedal on and off and there is, on some notes, quite a loud thunk when the pedal moves, on the sample itself, so turning of the pedal noice does not make a difference.

No real pedal controls on the IS Fazioli. No half-pedalling.

muziksculp

Hi,

My favorite Piano at this time is the Classic Philharmonik Grand Piano that is a part of the IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik II Library. I hear great things about Pinoteq 6 , I might consider it in the future, but for now I'm very Happy with the Miroslav Piano.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Hi,

My favorite Piano at this time is the Classic Philharmonik Grand Piano that is a part of the IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik II Library. I hear great things about Pinoteq 6 , I might consider it in the future, but for now I'm very Happy with the Miroslav Piano.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
About time I start uncorking that Miro 2.

OP
dman007

dman007

Which of these would you prefer?

C. Bechstein Digital Grand

or

VI Labs True Keys American Grand

...and why?

Thanks in advance

studiostuff

Which of these would you prefer?

C. Bechstein Digital Grand

or

VI Labs True Keys American Grand

...and why?

Thanks in advance

I like the Bechstein. It sounds great to me, and I got it cheap using the edu-discount. I teach music tech at a local college and so, the Bechstein was like $100 if I recall correctly...

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
I like the Bechstein. It sounds great to me, and I got it cheap using the edu-discount. I teach music tech at a local college and so, the Bechstein was like $100 if I recall correctly...
Love that Bechstein Digital. It’s so ‘spot on’ and comes with unique sound design capabilities.

sazema

I remember that time when I used mda-piano and it was very good :) But that time I had HDD with capacity of 1 Gb :)

Top Bottom