What's new

Which Percussion Library To Add?

BenG

Started venturing into more trailer music and just wanted some advice on which 'epic' percussion library to pick up! This is mostly for Family/Adventure music and at the moment I have: HybridTwo Alpha/Keepforest Atlantica

Was looking at...

- Heavyocity Damage
- Audio Imperia Cerberus
- Spitfire Percussion/Albion I

Anything else? Are these even needed in addition to what I already have?
Example (at 1:07):

Gotta say Damage would suit you well. Tons of content and flexibility. Great all around.

Also, Action Strikes.

And (I don't have it or know anything about it) Rhapsody is on sale (better act very quickly though).

epic is hard with traditional orchestral percussion i think. depends on how they sample it. True strike can be made epic. to me, spitfire percussion is sampled more for traditional orchestra which i like.

Hey Ben, I recently had a chance to play with Heavyocity's Ensemble Drums and I've got to say they sound amazing. I'd definitely consider those for trailer/epic work.

Hey Ben, I recently had a chance to play with Heavyocity's Ensemble Drums and I've got to say they sound amazing. I'd definitely consider those for trailer/epic work.

Thanks for this, Chris! Wasn't aware of this library at all and I'm a big fan of their stuff in general!

Saga's Acoustic Trailer Percussion Library sounds awesome from the demos. When you want that trailer / epic music, i think better opt for those that really sampled for that context.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and to be honest, all these sound fantastic! Think it comes down to Damage/Ensemble, Action Strikes, and SAGA for the time being!

My brother and I worked on some additional music overlays for this trailer. I believe in the original percussion stem for the 'Hills x Hills' 'Learning to Fly' cover they were mostly using what sounded like Damage.

For some of the additional perc we contributed it was mainly Action strikes plus some of our own custom hits/whoosh hits.

Though, in the end I am not entirely sure which parts were used at which points as there were multiple trailer music companies who all contributed different things and it was all merged together.

Well you already mentioned Cerberus and I would also add the epic series from 8dio, which will need a bit of processing to suit the trailer music genre. But they are great anyway, and with some transient designers and a mid-frequency cut you will quickly get very satisfying results!

Look out for sales on 8Dio's New Epic Percussion serries, i got their New Epic Framedrums on sale and i love it! It has so much to offer.

Top Bottom