What's new

Which Harp library for EXPOSED solo harp music?

Hello!

I'm about to buy a harp album and want to know what you'd recommend?
It's for library music featuring solo harp so the sound must be good on it's own.

Right now it stands between Chocolate Audio's and Orange Tree's harp.

I'm open to more suggestions though.

Orange Tree's Angelic harp is pretty awesome! Any reason you're searching for something else?

In orchestra settings where I need a lot of articulations, I use VSL's Harp 1 full but for a solo part I think Angelic Harp is up to the task in my opinion.

Etherealwinds Harp by Versilian Studio and RiverHarp by Performace Samples are both very decent harps and have close mics maybe try those before purchasing, Grand Harp by Cinematique Instruments and Ethrealwinds 2 are excellent too

This really depends on taste, but I've always liked the Spitfire Harp. Sounds great and use it all the time. Also, you may want to check out the OT Sphere Harp and Cineharps!

Chocolate Audio all the way for me! Never looked back. People talk about lots of articulations haven't seen this one. You can mock up Salzedo.

One thought: with all harp libraries there are two ways to go: pre-recorded or custom glisses. Pre-recorded sound better any time but can be hard to control. Chocolate Audio let's you create many different ways to gliss and scale the velocity and attack so you don't get the pluck.

Top Bottom