What's new

Which composer made this old electro sound?

lychee

I have this melody in my head and I cannot find the composer.
Is it Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis or I don't know who else?
It would be cool if any of you had the answer and could give me the title of this song.

Attachments

• Vangelarre.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
The first name that crossed my mind is Giorgio Moroder because it ‘sounds’ Italian. Definitely not Vangelis and it is Jarre-esque neither. Not much of a help.

The melody sounds a bit like 'Yesterday' (Beatles). Are you sure it had a sound like that? Perhaps Michael Garrison, John Kerr or the like. Or Robert Schröder? Difficult to say.

Not Jarre nor Vangelis for sure.

I don't know the track but I would go and listen to some John Carpenter... You might get lucky...

Although it's not from Midnight Express, it's sounds similar in style from certain pieces from that score.
So, possibly Giorgio Moroder?

After going through the internet from top to bottom, I finally found the sound and composer I was looking for.
It's crazy how a melody can come to your mind like that after so many years!
So it's the music for the credits of a very old French documentary (1982) called the adventure of plants.
The artist's name is Joël Fajerman and the title Flower's love, it ultimately has nothing to do with the composers Vangelis and Jarre but it is very inspired.

Damn I miss the 80s!

Last edited:
After going through the internet from top to bottom, I finally found the sound and composer I was looking for.
It's crazy how a melody can come to your mind like that after so many years!
So it's the music for the credits of a very old French documentary (1982) called the adventure of plants.
The artist's name is Joël Fajerman and the title Flower's love, it ultimately has nothing to do with the composers Vangelis and Jarre but it is very inspired.

Damn I miss the 80s!

OP I am curious to know what tools you used to track it down. I myself have been in this situation before, and would love to be able to have something to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom