What's new

Which complete choir would you choose today?

Netrex

The one's i've been looking at are Strezov Sampling WOTAN, FREYJA and Soundiron Olympys Symphonic Choir (Mars, Venus)

So here is the deal with these two. I really like Strezov Samplings sound and interface but can't help but notice the limited amount of phrases included in both libraries. Not to mention the limited amount of FX compared to Soundiron.

I really like the sound of the Olympus choir from Soundiron but looking at the videos available for the Symphonic Choir I can't help but notice how old this library is getting which makes me wonder how this library is to work with in 2018? From the looks of it they've been updating their Olympus Elements and Requiem Light products but Symphonic Choir remains untouched with new features to work faster.

In terms of what's included Soundiron ticks every box for me.

The one's i've been looking at are Strezov Sampling WOTAN, FREYJA and Soundiron Olympys Symphonic Choir (Mars, Venus)

So here is the deal with these two. I really like Strezov Samplings sound and interface but can't help but notice the limited amount of phrases included in both libraries. Not to mention the limited amount of FX compared to Soundiron.

I really like the sound of the Olympus choir from Soundiron but looking at the videos available for the Symphonic Choir I can't help but notice how old this library is getting which makes me wonder how this library is to work with in 2018? From the looks of it they've been updating their Olympus Elements and Requiem Light products but Symphonic Choir remains untouched with new features to work faster.

In terms of what's included Soundiron ticks every box for me.
i don't know why you look at phrases as a limitation of your choice (because I'd rather be fully free from phrases) but in my view/ears strezov's wotan & freya are a much better choice in terms of quality, tone and flexibility.
If you have the funds I'd defenitly recommend these.

I once had the little brother of olympus, the elements, and I actually didn't like it at all. too limited.
the sound / tone also quickly became not to my taste.

ps1: no affiliation to strezov. my earlier research and ears tell me that strezov is a good choice.

ps2: assuming you have looked around I would also have a listen to 8Dio's Silka or Insolidus. Maybe that is still one to consider as well

Last edited:

hawpri

I have SoundIron's choirs and like them. Like any other library, they aren't perfect and I've found myself wondering if other companies have better material that's easier to work with. If I were to try another series of libraries I would look first to samples from Strezov and possibly AudioBro (for children's voices).

lp59burst

I'm just a "hobbyist"...
Strezov's Arva, Woton, Freyja, or Audiobro's Genesis...

If you can wait another month or so you'll potentially save big on several of them during BF sales.

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
My vote would be Arva, Woton, Freyja
I'm not sure you'd be limited on phrases as you can do a lot with that bundle. Freyja is exceptional.
Oh and also add Rhodope to that to complete the Strezov Choirs. Although I don't have Storm Choir I'm interested to see it's up and coming Version 3 release with the same engine and word builder that they have for the others.

Tekkera

I wouldn't really call this a "complete choir", but Performance Samples Oceania is on sale for $99 right now. Over half off. If you listen to the demos, what you hear is what you get. It's not everyone's cup of tea though. I'd wait for a sale for Wotan/Freyja, or even later, Storm Choir 3

Top Bottom