Which choir Library is the best?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by nik, Feb 23, 2016.

1. coflover

coflover New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hey peeps,

Does anybody recognise the choir sound from this song?

Song was recorded in late 2000 so I'm sure it's not a VSTi - it's gotta be a sample library.
    I also know that the guy used choir samples from a library called Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir in other arrangements, such as the Eeh-Aah-Ooh sample.

Is the "throaty" alto choir sound (from the video I posted) also on the Classical Choir Sample CD? Anybody recognise it who might have that library?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. Darren Durann

Darren Durann Active Member

Aug 10, 2017
    East West Symphonic Choirs Platinum

You have a learning curve with this, but I haven't owned or heard anything that works for my music better. It's a stunningly great library to this very day imo.

sostenuto likes this.
  3. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Do you remember when the world builder wasnt integrated into the main GUI? Now that was a nightmare!

4. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Does anyone have experience with the Oceania choir? It is for sale through today for $149.

5. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Lots on this. It is not a conventional style library but what it does, namely epic, is done well. If you Met Ark, it might be a little overkill, but I love it as a standing epic choir or a fill in when I am creating fast.

It can be key switched for a better shape...but no other epic choir is played this easily and fast.

6. Darren Durann

Darren Durann Active Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I don't know about Oceania, but if you're looking for a good lower priced choir library there's Requiem Lite, which can be very useful. It layers pretty well with EWSC too, if you're interested at all in that.

Mike Fox likes this.
  7. Mundano

Mundano Active Member

Dec 8, 2015
  8. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Quite a content size difference as well ..... but then compression type must be normalized?
    These are both interesting choices at less than $200.

9. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I agree. Easy to use, and sounds awesome in the mix.

10. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Well, what worries me is that the demos on their site - well, they are just not performing the music right. It sounds very strange, like the Mozart Lacrimosa sounding like cluster chords, and Mozart did not write the piece like that (!). So I don't know if it's the library that's hard to use, or just not used correctly.

Having said that, the music by Nunez sounds lovely with the library, so maybe it's the programming of the demos that was the issue.

11. HiEnergy

HiEnergy Just a human being

May 3, 2010
    Berlin
    No thorough experience on my side, but I bought the discounted Oceania and tried it out for an hour or so...
    Just playing some chord stabs with this sounds gorgeous! I can easily imagine getting addicted to writing for this very library...

Did you check out this?

jcrosby likes this.
  12. bill5

bill5 Active Member

Oct 18, 2018
  13. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    Nothing has changed, EWQLSC and HC are the only libraries that can truly sing what i want them to.

bill5, Morodiene and Parsifal666 like this.