1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to download a specific previous version of Kontakt?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Headlands, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    OK, instead of ranting about the poor NI customer service, I'm hoping someone here can point me very specifically to where I can download Kontakt v. 5.8.0 specifically. I'm having a hard time finding it.

I just installed the 5.8.1 update and it's wreaking havoc in a certain way, don't have time to go into it here -- I just want to uninstall it and re-install 5.8.0, which worked fine.

Thanks for any help!

(This thread was originally about the abysmal NI customer service, how it's as bad as Steinberg at this point).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Oliver

Oliver Senior Member

3. OP
    OP
    Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Yes. :-( I changed the title and thread so I can try to revert to an older version because there is no call-in tech support at NI anymore and I have a deadline today.

4. Voider

Voider Came from the future

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Log into your account on the NI website -> My account -> All downloads -> Updates for older products -> type "Kontakt" into the search bar -> Voila, previous updates to download. Maybe you can just download the update to the previous version. Let us know if it worked :)

5. Voider

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Also you could try to click on Kontakt 5 in your NI Access center and hit "full version", it changes then to a reinstall button, maybe there are other versions avaiable to choose. I'm afraid to try it before it reinstalls instantly xD

6. OP
    OP
    Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Thanks Voider -- I tried that before but I don't see an "Updates for Older Products" anywhere. Also, Native Access only lets you re-install the latest version.

There's gotta be a link with the actual previous version to download somewhere, right? I'm having a hard time finding that. This is maddening! :)

7. Voider

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
  8. OP
    OP
    Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
  9. Voider

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Mayber older versions are easier to crack and reverse engineer since software progressed over the years. I guess if you contact them you'll get an individual download link.

10. OP
    OP
    Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    That could be possible yeah. I'll write them, maybe get a response in a week. :)

11. Voider

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    heisenberg likes this.
  12. WindcryMusic

WindcryMusic Senior Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Can I ask one of you to at least share some basic details about what this problem with the 5.8.1 update is? Now I am thinking that I should maybe wait to update, but I have no idea as to why (there’s no discussion of any 5.8.1 problems in either the K5 forum here or on the NI forums).

13. jcrosby

jcrosby Senior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Boston MA
    Yeah I'd like to know as well before updating... Especially as you're on mac and so am I... What OS are you running?

14. OP
    OP
    Headlands

Headlands Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    The issue for me was that on some multitimbral instances of Kontakt, enabling one of the parts to record in Cubase would send MIDI to every other part. Didn't happen all of the time, but was unusable when it did.

I'm on the latest High Sierra. All is fine now in the previous version of Kontakt. I called NI and they gave me a private link.

15. Selfinflicted

Selfinflicted Senior Member

Jun 22, 2016
    You can just email support and they’ll send the private link. No need to call. They’re pretty quick about it.

16. jcrosby

jcrosby Senior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thanks guys. Emailed support requesting a rollback... Cheers.

17. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Thanks for the warning, I'll stay on 5.8.0 for a while. "Never touch a running system" worked well for me in the past ^_^

18. heisenberg

heisenberg Senior Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I emailed support as well.