What's new

When my wife stopped playing with me, I re-scored it. (ahem)

Dear Villain

Coffee before music
I wrote this piece originally for clarinet and accordion, recorded as part of my duo, Acclarion's CD, "Shattered Expectations." We played it for years in concert, until one day, my wife suddenly says, "I'm not playing it with you anymore, because I'm pregnant." :) (damn, click bait bastard!)

I re-scored it for piano and string ensemble, as heard below. I've played a little with the sonic characteristics of the string ensemble to help create the ethereal quality I was looking for.

To summarize what you'll hear: Reality and fantasy blur in the twilight as this dramatic work evokes haunting lyricism, a passionate tango, a wobbly circus waltz, and a romantic Parisian cafe.

Please give it a chance straight through to the end, if you're so inclined and you'll be rewarded with something a little different, yet hopefully captivating and intriguing. As for my wife, well, now that she's capable of playing again, she's using Covid as the excuse to avoid my music.

Cheers!
Dave

Bollen

Vintage Member
Masterful! And your programming is much better than the usual... I wondered if the "Please give it a chance straight through to the end, if you're so inclined and you'll be rewarded with something a little different, yet hopefully captivating and intriguing." was the horribly disrupted robot voice at the end...(?)

OP
Dear Villain

Dear Villain

Coffee before music
Masterful! And your programming is much better than the usual... I wondered if the "Please give it a chance straight through to the end, if you're so inclined and you'll be rewarded with something a little different, yet hopefully captivating and intriguing." was the horribly disrupted robot voice at the end...(?)
You're still disgusted by my Baroquen Jig production quality, so yes, by comparison, I upped my game in recent years.

Now, as for that robotic voice, well it belongs to the lady that I mentioned in my post, and she was amused at your description of her vocal stylings. I had honestly forgotten the watermark at the end, and was simply hoping people would listen to the whole piece, as I know for most, a minute or two is the norm.

Thanks for listening!

Trash Panda

Clueless nitwit
Quite the journey!

Start with some serious Zelda vibes, then it’s off to Sherlock Holmes town for some light action adventure before a quick left turn into FF6 city, slow things down back into Zeldaville, then take a trip to Budapest for the masquerade ball from Van Helsing for a bit.

Things then quiet back down for a return to Hyrule for awhile, then we’re back to the Budapest ball, but this time without the bloodsuckers for a brief moment, then back to Zelda for the piano solo and a bit, then a very short jaunt through Castlevania before a robot tells us about a website.

And somehow it all flows naturally. Seriously creative and impressive work!

OP
Dear Villain

Dear Villain

Coffee before music
Quite the journey!

Start with some serious Zelda vibes, then it’s off to Sherlock Holmes town for some light action adventure before a quick left turn into FF6 city, slow things down back into Zeldaville, then take a trip to Budapest for the masquerade ball from Van Helsing for a bit.

Things then quiet back down for a return to Hyrule for awhile, then we’re back to the Budapest ball, but this time without the bloodsuckers for a brief moment, then back to Zelda for the piano solo and a bit, then a very short jaunt through Castlevania before a robot tells us about a website.

And somehow it all flows naturally. Seriously creative and impressive work!
Thanks Trash Panda! This is that once in a very blue moon type of response that motivates me to keep working. I really appreciate your enthusiastic reply, and kudos also for your own very vivid imagination.

Cheers,
Dave
p.s. LOL at the "robot tells us about a website" bit. For real, I didn't even remember that I had watermarked the piece on Soundcloud, but I appreciate the attention my wife's sexy voice is getting :)

Trash Panda

Clueless nitwit
I’m just impressed I was able to follow the thread. Usually I feel like too much a nitwit to appreciate your music. :)

OP
Dear Villain

Dear Villain

Coffee before music
I’m just impressed I was able to follow the thread. Usually I feel like too much a nitwit to appreciate your music. :)
You should never feel like that! Music is very personal and we all can take something away from whatever we listen to. Regardless where we stand in terms of musical backgrounds, education, experience, etc., we're all just people trying to put something meaningful out in to the universe, in hopes that it resonates in some form or another with our fellow human beings.

Dave

Top Bottom