What's new

What's your ''personal record''?

VgsA

Abel Vegas
I was wondering: what's your personal record spending money on a SINGLE library/collection? Not like spending money on several parts of any orchestra one by one over time (for example), but actually purchasing the whole thing.

I'm curious to know the average of your most notable investments! :)

When I bought the original EW Complete Composer Collection around 2006 (I can't recall the exact name, it was before Play came out). I paid $1400 CDN and it came in a box with 40+ DVD's! Best purchase ever, it paid for itself in spades over the years.

That was a good investment. The most I ever spent at once was for Ark 1, and it's one of the libraries I most regret.

I think Komplete 3 was about $1000 when I bought it ten years ago. It contained 8 instruments. A year later I bought EWQL complete composers collection. I think that was $1,500 and my most expensive.

That was a good investment. The most I ever spent at once was for Ark 1, and it's one of the libraries I most regret.

Ouch, I'm sorry. I'm curious, do you regret purchasing it because of the library itself, or the library+the price? (As in, it would have been good if it was cheaper)

The Mural Bundle on a Black Friday sale. It was heavily discounted for £999, normally £1645. Still £999 is a lot of money. I don't regret it though! If you'd buy SSS + SSS extra mics + Evolutions today it would be €1597

Ouch, I'm sorry. I'm curious, do you regret purchasing it because of the library itself, or the library+the price? (As in, it would have been good if it was cheaper)

I paid all that money for sounds I could have done with the libraries I had already. Not to mention, those strings can be pretty darn irritating imo!

No, I'm a very happy man. The particular color of the sound of it is out of all the orchestral libraries the one that perfectly suits me aesthetically.

That sounds wonderful, thanks!

I paid all that money for sounds I could have done with the libraries I had already. Not to mention, those strings can be pretty darn irritating imo!

I hear you. That's my (and everyone's I guess) biggest fear when investing in new libraries.

Either LASS Full or EWQLSO. Too long ago, can't remember exactly what I paid. Can't say I regret either, but I made a lot more money from EWQLSO, and as annoying as the quirks and coughs were, it was a fantastic, simple concept.

Top Bottom