What's new

What's Up with Auddict's Master Brass?

I have Master Brass, opened two Octohorn instances - there is both an original and a v1.1, I don't remember the details surrounding this - tried the legato and no legato, played all the notes chromatically both slow and fast, and I'm not able to reproduce anything like the popping/clicking artifacts shown in the video, which I agree are very bad.

I haven't gone as far as opening individual .wavs and trying those in isolation, but I can if I get some time over the next day or so.

That's the thing, and that's why I believe they've been quiet. Obviously RX hasn't worked and they're scratching their heads arguing
I've edited a couple of the wav files and was able to get rid of the clicking. So I'm not sure why they couldn't also.

I have Master Brass, opened two Octohorn instances - there is both an original and a v1.1, I don't remember the details surrounding this - tried the legato and no legato, played all the notes chromatically both slow and fast, and I'm not able to reproduce anything like the popping/clicking artifacts shown in the video, which I agree are very bad.

I haven't gone as far as opening individual .wavs and trying those in isolation, but I can if I get some time over the next day or so.

It took me a total of five seconds to find the loud clicking/popping in the instrument, and another minute to find the offending wav files. And my system is rock solid.

When looking you need to have all the mic positions active and test all the notes at each dynamic layer with the mod wheel - the clicks and pops are present in some mic positions and not others, are louder in some mics and not others, and in certain dynamic layers. That's why some people find these issues easily and others don't. The reason I initially found them so quickly is because I was playing the instrument expressively with the modwheel and with all the mics on, so the problems started appearing very fast.

It took me a total of five seconds to find the loud clicking/popping in the instrument, and another minute to find the offending wav files. And my system is rock solid.
Exactly - I posted an update below the video about this.

Here's just one example. The click comes about a quarter of the way in:

Well, you have neither shown where the audio files came from nor did you highlight what you did to crosscheck your assumptions prior to making that video, like e.g. checking on another system, testing in another sample editor, increasing buffer size, checking Kontakt settings etc.?

I am not saying you don´t have a point, but it is a bold statement to suggest that independent, well-known reviewers deliberately trick potential customers into buying a faulty product by not playing certain notes.
Once again, your suspicion of my motives is a rather paranoid attitude to take. I'm not going to spend laborious amounts of time to prove to your personal satisfaction that what I state is true. The proof is in the pudding. If you would like to put your comment where your wallet is, I highly encourage you to purchase the library and contact me when you do so. I will then send you a list of the samples that are affected, and you can look them up personally for yourself. When you do find the files (and you will) maybe then you'll be satisfied, and I won't have to bend over backwards to convince you just because you believe being contrarian is the more intelligent thing to do in this case. If you think I'm asking too much of you, then think about what you are expecting me to do to provide you with the proof you seek. If you'd rather not go through with the offer I made, I suggest you take your suspicions over to the forum thread for issues concerning Master Brass here: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/master-brass-update.70063/ and you can tell those users that they're just imagining the problem.

I've edited a couple of the wav files and was able to get rid of the clicking. So I'm not sure why they couldn't also.
The update regarding the ability for an RX fix has been added under the video in this thread.

I'm not going to spend laborious amounts of time to prove to your personal satisfaction that what I state is true. The proof is in the pudding. If you would like to put your comment where your wallet is, I highly encourage you to purchase the library and contact me when you do so.
I am one of these ppl that purchased the library(glad that I did on a VSTbuzz I think offer) and also contacted auddict concerning some other issue with the legato transitions(I don't remember exactly what was the issue to be honest)...but never got a reply.
I really like some of their libraries but Master Brass is....good sounding and full of little glitches here and there,enough to make you regret you have ever purchased.

Now I'll really have to test in the future wether it's my speakers or the samples, as they also sometimes give such noises...o_O
That would be a problem, yes. If you're checking for something it's better to use headphones so the sound goes right into your ears - but if you're actually getting pops from your audio interface, you may want to get that sorted out first.

That would be a problem, yes. If you're checking for something it's better to use headphones so the sound goes right into your ears - but if you're actually getting pops from your audio interface, you may want to get that sorted out first.
Yeah, still on my Presonus Audiobox Usb, with wich I already had problems a few years ago, where -when turning the volume knob- my speakers went crazy (sometimes only one, sometimes none playing and so on...). Spent much though over last year on samples, so now that I'm equipped with everything there I'm going to work on my hardware:). But at least now i know that it could not be my speakers but to check also the samples/the VI's themselves for that...

I have the trombones and just checked them note by note: same pops here and there. Are these all over the place, or concentrated into one or two mic positions?

I have the trombones and just checked them note by note: same pops here and there. Are these all over the place, or concentrated into one or two mic positions?
They're a bit all over the place. The horns have them on certain dynamic layers for certain transitions in certain mic positions, and they're louder in some mics than in others. It's not consistent, so I've had to search through all the waves to find the problem ones. It's a real pain.

When looking you need to have all the mic positions active and test all the notes at each dynamic layer with the mod wheel - the clicks and pops are present in some mic positions and not others, are louder in some mics and not others, and in certain dynamic layers. That's why some people find these issues easily and others don't. The reason I initially found them so quickly is because I was playing the instrument expressively with the modwheel and with all the mics on, so the problems started appearing very fast.
I activated all of the mic positions in legato octohorn, and just started noodling with modwheel moving randomly. Not fun to listen to, and perhaps not exhaustively comprehensive in terms of all dynamics for each note, but not full of noises either.

there is a sort of weird sucking sound at about 00:12:

""

Once again, your suspicion of my motives is a rather paranoid attitude to take.

Calm down buddy. You were the one insulting people. I asked a few legit questions from a pure support point of view, being beta tester for some leading audio software developers since over 30 years. You did not reply to any of those, although you could have simply said "all checked - no solution". That would have been perfect, but obviously not your cup of tea. Instead you were suggesting that other testers did hide these issues ON PURPOSE, which is an absolute no-go, because NOBODY I KNOW would every do this! But hey ... these are days of the internet, so what do I expect.

I activated all of the mic positions in legato octohorn, and just started noodling with modwheel moving randomly. Not fun to listen to, and perhaps not exhaustively comprehensive in terms of all dynamics for each note, but not full of noises either.

there is a sort of weird sucking sound at about 00:12:

""

Try searching for this sample in the Octohorns sample folder - normleg_roompair_65_77_28_28

Try searching for this sample in the Octohorns sample folder - normleg_roompair_65_77_28_28
As I dig in a little bit more I am seeing the problem. One would think it wouldn't be a big deal for Auddict to clean this up. It's not hard to remove pops and clicks in almost any audio editor, and there are about a zillion plugs, some free, that can help you do this.

Top Bottom