What's new

What's Up with Auddict's Master Brass?

Cory Pelizzari

(Solonoid Studio)

UPDATE - I was cross-checking some of the affected waves with Thorsten Meyer of Strong Mocha, and he sent myself and Dorian from Auddict an example of him fixing one of these waves with RX6 within minutes - so apparently this problem was easily fixable this whole time, but someone from Auddict has been neglecting to address it.

Before and after editing:

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that is a pretty disappointing trail of events from a company that I actually like.

How did you come to these conclusions? Did you crosscheck on another system? No trying to defend anyone, but there are walkthrough videos etc. of which none do show any clicks etc. You can hear them playing longer notes without any artefacts.

You are aware that clicks etc. can be caused by driver conflicts and disk drives not being able to stream a certain amount of of samples in time?

Those pops are really unnerving. But you can only point the finger when the problem turns up to every user on different platforms.

I had a similar experience with 8Dio's wonderful Upright Piano. I downloaded and installed the normal way and found out pops at a specific mic position happening 100% predictable at some transitions of notes. I felt really upset. I was planning to get things straight. I just held myself from sending a furious mail, because you never know..

So I wrote a polite mail sending a soundcloud link with the problem clearly stated, and I was replied quickly, politely and friendly. However they weren't able to reproduce my pops at their end of the line on their system.

So after a while I received the suggestion to re-install the librabry. And that was it. Pops gone. Everybody happy. Bad installation. That just happens. Is it my disk reading/writing errors? Copy errors? Unzip errors? I have no idea.

How did you come to these conclusions? Did you crosscheck on another system? No trying to defend anyone, but there are walkthrough videos etc. of which none do show any clicks etc. You can hear them playing longer notes without any artefacts.

You are aware that clicks etc. can be caused by driver conflicts and disk drives not being able to stream a certain amount of of samples in time?

I don't want to sound rude, but if you had actually paid attention to my video you would have seen that I pulled up some wave file examples - there's no need to be contrarian just because you weren't convinced on your first viewing. I can understand your confusion if you've seen videos without these issues, but remember that the issues are present in certain, not all, notes - and if the videos are from the provider then they would be careful not to show any of these issues.

Those pops are really unnerving. But you can only point the finger when the problem turns up to every user on different platforms.

I had a similar experience with 8Dio's wonderful Upright Piano. I downloaded and installed the normal way and found out pops at a specific mic position happening 100% predictable at some transitions of notes. I felt really upset. I was planning to get things straight. I just held myself from sending a furious mail, because you never know..

So I wrote a polite mail sending a soundcloud link with the problem clearly stated, and I was replied quickly, politely and friendly. However they weren't able to reproduce my pops at their end of the line on their system.

So after a while I received the suggestion to re-install the librabry. And that was it. Pops gone. Everybody happy. Bad installation. That just happens. Is it my disk reading/writing errors? Copy errors? Unzip errors? I have no idea.
As I mentioned in the video, I have re-downloaded and re-installed the library and contacted support for a year. Their silence, and the fact that there is a dedicated thread on this site regarding the issue, is evidence that it is a general problem.

As I mentioned in the video, I have re-downloaded and re-installed the library and contacted support for a year. Their silence, and the fact that there is a dedicated thread on this site regarding the issue, is evidence that it is a general problem.
Wow. That's just not professional from their side then. You can't let such an error pass.

And if this happens to everyone at the exact same spots, it just seriously needs to be fixed.

In fact that would make it a miracle they didn't detect these drops while programming.

So hopefully for them it's still a read/write issue. What samplerate/bitrate do you work in? Could you access the individual sample and check out if it's the actual recording of the sample that has the drop in it? Or if it's due to sloppy programming that these drops occur?

Wow. That's just not professional from their side then. You can't let such an error pass.

And if this happens to everyone at the exact same spots, it just seriously needs to be fixed.

In fact that would make it a miracle they didn't detect these drops while programming.

So hopefully for them it's still a read/write issue. What samplerate/bitrate do you work in? Could you access the individual sample and check out if it's the actual recording of the sample that has the drop in it? Or if it's due to sloppy programming that these drops occur?
Yeah, if you watch the video you'll see I pull up some waves that have pops in them.

I wonder if it's a dirty signal path from the recording sessions themselves, or an encoding error producing faulty wave files.
Either way, this would be the epitome of a production nightmare as a fellow sample library developer.

Yikes. I mean, even if they decided that they're going out with these samples, you can do at least a 90% fix on these pops with audio reparation software or even cut them with simple editing procedures (it should be painless for sustained notes).

Yeah, if you watch the video you'll see I pull up some waves that have pops in them.
Yes well the video didn't show where you pulled them from. Glad we cleared out downmixing isn't the same.

To get the actual sample you would need to be searching through TPT2sus347.wav or whatever they named the culprit among the actual sample data

Last edited:

I have the same issues.

I wonder if it's a dirty signal path from the recording sessions themselves, or an encoding error producing faulty wave files.
Either way, this would be the epitome of a production nightmare as a fellow sample library developer.
That's the thing, and that's why I believe they've been quiet. Obviously RX hasn't worked and they're scratching their heads arguing if there's enough warrant to re-record a bunch of samples. But what they should do regardless, is openly admit to it rather than deny it, and if the problem can't be fixed or the library can't be re-recorded, they need to pull the library from their site, because a faulty product is a faulty product. That's where the possible PR nightmare could come in. The ball's in their court.

Yes well the video didn't show where you pulled them from. Glad we cleared out downmixing isn't the same.

To get the actual sample you would need to be searching through TPT2sus347.wav or whatever they named the culprit among the actual sample data
Watch the video in 1080p and you can actually see the names of the files. I pulled them straight from the samples folder.

I've contacted them (in a very polite way) many times for another issue, and they never replied to my emails...
Unfortunately this kind of response to customers is something certain developers believe is just part of the business - the focus is put on marketing and advertising, GUI artwork and coming up with the next big money-maker, and any problems customers have are often put on the "remember to do" list and are forgotten. Some developers don't seem to understand that keeping their buyers satisfied yields long term benefits. That's why Spectrasonics is still on top of their game, while East West have resorted to the Composer Cloud to bring in new buyers and have waned in popularity and quality over the years. It's not like they do it on purpose - they just don't seem to understand the way things work outside their dreams and aspirations.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you had actually paid attention to my video you would have seen that I pulled up some wave file examples - there's no need to be contrarian just because you weren't convinced on your first viewing.

Well, you have neither shown where the audio files came from nor did you highlight what you did to crosscheck your assumptions prior to making that video, like e.g. checking on another system, testing in another sample editor, increasing buffer size, checking Kontakt settings etc.?

I am not saying you don´t have a point, but it is a bold statement to suggest that independent, well-known reviewers deliberately trick potential customers into buying a faulty product by not playing certain notes.

Top Bottom