What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

I just picked up Met Ark 1 & 2 along with Embertone's solo string bundle. Love my arks. Not so happy with Embertone. Spitfire's solo strings is sitting in my wish list. Can anyone comment on how SSS sounds with Met 1 or 2 accompanying it?
I went for the Ark1&2 bundle as well. I tried it together with SSS, but only very briefly, noodling around for 30 min - seems doable for me, regarding reverbs.
I also remember, that some more experienced forum members commented, that the Met Arks work quite good together with samples from the Air Hall (e.g. SSO).

If I had the Arks and would think about adding SSS, I also would consider SCS, giving maybe even a broader set of options. ...just to make it a little more complicated ;)

I spent more money this year on music stuff than any previous year. I just installed the upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition as my final 2018 purchase. "What's one more? " says the addict. I promise to clean up in 2019.

So...

Bernard Herrmann? Yay or nay?

Yay! I got BHCT last year for Black Friday, and while I have used it quite a bit last year, only recently have I really dug in and discovered just how amazing this library is. It covers a lot of ground and just sounds beautiful and real, at least to my ears. I also feel like it provides a great dry sound that may spare many of us from having to go right into the whole studio series from Spitfire, or could at least provide a basic palette that we can expand on if Spitfire continues putting out more dry libraries.

I cut my purchase plans in half and decided I would put more time really learning the libraries I've only been dancing around with since last years big spend. I couldn't resist one Albion of course, and now my only other stress now is going in for the Sonarworks 4 reference sale right now that includes their new mobile app as a bonus...

Alright... almost done. Still contemplating SStS core.
After this wishlist sale I now have the following string libs:
SSoS (absolutely love it)
OACE (great for texturing, I think)
Spitfire Symphony Strings Evolutions (see OACE, but bigger).
Evo grid 3 moving strings (not much playtime with)
LCO (love the timbre)
BHCT (intimidating)
Tundra (intimidating 2x)
Rhythmic Textures (not fond of the sounds)
NI Symphony strings essential (have barely played with it)
NI session strings pro 2 (much possibillities, but do I like the sounds?)
Kontakt factory (not so long ago, this was al I needed).
Sensible mind: more than enough string libs. Don't need SStS, better properly tryout NI essentials.
Mind during sale: SStS is a steal at 149. I really (really) like the Spitfire sound and what I am missing from my Spitfire pallette is just this bread and butter library. Might layer really well with SSoS.
Anyone who actually is layering SSoS and SStS at a regular basis?

That's a huge collection of stuff, you've set yourself up for an exciting new year. My suggestion would be start digging in and exploring all that you have now, listen to all those walkthroughs again and make some templates maybe. You may have more bread and butter covered than you think. You treated yourself well, now dig in and get what you paid for.

That's a huge collection of stuff, you've set yourself up for an exciting new year. My suggestion would be start digging in and exploring all that you have now, listen to all those walkthroughs again and make some templates maybe. You may have more bread and butter covered than you think. You treated yourself well, now dig in and get what you paid for.

Thank you for that. Just watched the BHCT walkthrough again. My, there's so much there I haven't even touched yet, let alone played with. I'll follow your advice. Happy new year!

Thank you for that. Just watched the BHCT walkthrough again. My, there's so much there I haven't even touched yet, let alone played with. I'll follow your advice. Happy new year!

Yeah it's a good one to reference the manual on to get familiar with the ranges and what's available. The Extended Techniques folder is where it's at. Notice that's where the other chord patches are stored. Last night I was having fun just loading up all of the legatos at once for a big sweeping sound. :cool: Happy New Year!:emoji_trumpet:

I went for the Ark1&2 bundle as well. I tried it together with SSS, but only very briefly, noodling around for 30 min - seems doable for me, regarding reverbs.
I also remember, that some more experienced forum members commented, that the Met Arks work quite good together with samples from the Air Hall (e.g. SSO).

If I had the Arks and would think about adding SSS, I also would consider SCS, giving maybe even a broader set of options. ...just to make it a little more complicated ;)

I just pulled the trigger on Spitfire Chamber Strings. So many back and fourth reviews on the Spitfire Solo Strings. Chamber reviews seem to lean toward the "I'm happy with my investment."

I just pulled the trigger on Spitfire Chamber Strings. So many back and fourth reviews on the Spitfire Solo Strings. Chamber reviews seem to lean toward the "I'm happy with my investment."

You will love them, I think. I certainly do – even more than SSS.

I don't think you can go wrong with SCS, so long as you like how it sounds in the demos. You might be able to get to something you are happy with spending less money, and you are likely to decide you want additional string libraries for certain applications, but SCS is just so solid and so broad in its applicability.

Yes, I use SCS far more than I use SSS. I don't even especially like SSS, though there are times when I have to use them.
More and more I feel like I just need to get a basic core lib like SStS or LSCS and save up for SCS...

Last edited:
Quick question here. Wondering if I already have Ark 1, 2, 3 & Tundra, would it be redundant for me to complete the Albions Bundle? Or they complement each other well?

Last edited:
Sweet! Let's us know what you think.

I have not heard back from support in a couple days either.

Almost last call for real this time - 3.5HRS to go https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...st+2018+Codes+Expire&iso=20181231T2359&p1=136
support is likely gone for the day as it's like 20:35 GMT, which is why I went ahead and picked it up. Not really feeling like paying 50$ for Kinematik, so lets hope Spitfire Support has a little mercy as I just spent over 1k with them. :). If not I'll just wait to pick it up I think.

well I picked up eDNA Earth. Never did hear back from support about adding Kinematik to my discount list, but I suppose that was my bad.

Not life or death, but Kinematik is very cool now that have eDNA01. Keep buggin SF that you thought it was included …. :sneaky:
As long as you're ahead of end-time, they may take days to catch up.
Just sayin …...

Top Bottom