What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Really thought about getting the HDD but couldn't bring myself to do it.
although by the time they shipped it? I will have this downloaded. The smaller libraries were pretty quick. At least, I started them downloading/installing before I went to bed and they were done when I got up. The symphony at 50 to 95 GB per section is taking much longer. And it didn't help that when I paused it yesterday to make room on the drive, I ended up having to delete the strings and winds and start over when they wouldn't restart. So recommend you don't pause it if possible.

although by the time they shipped it? I will have this downloaded. The smaller libraries were pretty quick. At least, I started them downloading/installing before I went to bed and they were done when I got up. The symphony at 50 to 95 GB per section is taking much longer. And it didn't help that when I paused it yesterday to make room on the drive, I ended up having to delete the strings and winds and start over when they wouldn't restart. So recommend you don't pause it if possible.
Also be sure you have twice the size of the library free on the drive you install to, otherwise the installation will fail and you'll have to redownload the whole thing again. For SF libraries I always download to a scratch drive and then transfer to the SSD they will reside on before authorizing. If you also leave it where you downloaded it as well as where you move it to authorize it, you can download all updates to that version and only update the version on the SSD when the update is complete. That way you don't have to take the library out of commission while it updates.

Also be sure you have twice the size of the library free on the drive you install to, otherwise the installation will fail and you'll have to redownload the whole thing again. For SF libraries I always download to a scratch drive and then transfer to the SSD they will reside on before authorizing. If you also leave it where you downloaded it as well as where you move it to authorize it, you can download all updates to that version and only update the version on the SSD when the update is complete. That way you don't have to take the library out of commission while it updates.
Normally, I do that. But for some reason, I started the download to the NI drive. I guess I wasn't thinking when I started it. It did have a good amount of free space, but it disappeared really fast

I spent more money this year on music stuff than any previous year. I just installed the upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition as my final 2018 purchase. "What's one more? " says the addict. I promise to clean up in 2019.

So...

Bernard Herrmann? Yay or nay?

I spent more money this year on music stuff than any previous year. I just installed the upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition as my final 2018 purchase. "What's one more? " says the addict. I promise to clean up in 2019.

So...

clean up. hehe.

same here with 2018.

i finally got my American Tele and a Suhr Strat, not to mention the Babyface pro and a new PC.

what's step 1?

i just got BHCT, along with so much else, i haven't even fired it up.

comes highly recommended!

GET IT!

So...

Would be a good drier complement to the NI symphony series with some more interesting combos. SS lacks some ''oomph" IMHO

clean up. hehe.

same here with 2018.

i finally got my American Tele and a Suhr Strat, not to mention the Babyface pro and a new PC.

what's step 1?

GET IT!
How can it come highly recommended if you haven't tried it? ;)

clean up. hehe.

same here with 2018.

what's step 1?

GET IT!
Forget about the strings for a moment.. an American Tele and a Suhr Strat? :2thumbs:

I'm just thinking of putting Suhr pickups on my Japanese Tele.:grin:

Ok... back OT...

I just picked up Met Ark 1 & 2 along with Embertone's solo string bundle. Love my arks. Not so happy with Embertone. Spitfire's solo strings is sitting in my wish list. Can anyone comment on how SSS sounds with Met 1 or 2 accompanying it?

Alright... almost done. Still contemplating SStS core.
After this wishlist sale I now have the following string libs:
SSoS (absolutely love it)
OACE (great for texturing, I think)
Spitfire Symphony Strings Evolutions (see OACE, but bigger).
Evo grid 3 moving strings (not much playtime with)
LCO (love the timbre)
BHCT (intimidating)
Tundra (intimidating 2x)
Rhythmic Textures (not fond of the sounds)
NI Symphony strings essential (have barely played with it)
NI session strings pro 2 (much possibillities, but do I like the sounds?)
Kontakt factory (not so long ago, this was al I needed).
Sensible mind: more than enough string libs. Don't need SStS, better properly tryout NI essentials.
Mind during sale: SStS is a steal at 149. I really (really) like the Spitfire sound and what I am missing from my Spitfire pallette is just this bread and butter library. Might layer really well with SSoS.
Anyone who actually is layering SSoS and SStS at a regular basis?

Top Bottom