What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Hi - I was doing a bit of noodling with this, but when I think about it, Christian did an entire contextual demo of BDT on top of Tundra - which I'd wholly recommend. And his concept (and the title of the piece) of "opening the aperture" speaks directly to your question

Damn it, this reminded me why I loved that library. Good thing I already got it. Haha.

Caved and bought the #JoeyBurgerPercussion at wishlist price and I'm VERY VERY HAPPY :D

Here's an A/B work in progress track:
A) OG version:

B) With percussion dropped in late last night

(Will be making this into a 5 minute track and fixing the resonant frequency in the soprano solo. Please note this is my shitposting soundcloud, work in progress blah blah abkjajkbsjk)

Thanks for the detailed thoughts jbuhler - you are truly a saint for taking the time to answer these sorts of questions!

I actually hadn't considered Ark 4, but that's an excellent point. Some of it is down to budget, and the SF woodwinds are more heavily discounted. But I'm also happy to expand my Ark world, as it suits my style. Decisions, decisions...

I'm not too concerned about DAW resources. I'm running 48GB and I'm usually judicious about freezing tracks in Cubase as I go.

Time Macro sounds gorgeous, but is it worth almost half the entire EVO bundle (EVO 1-4 + OAE + OACE + SSE) at the sale price?

There's a lot of discussion on this thread about how these new textures work together. Which is why its interesting to me - I think there's an immensely interesting new dimension of musicality opening up to us, and we're barely to develop an adequate language to describe everything that's going on here.

In practice, I find that this lack of adequate language to properly describe both what these libraries are in the first place and, even more exponentially complicatedly, how the whole of their possibilities often becomes more that the sum of the parts with you start mixing and matching them ... it practically I think it means that the safest thing is just to buy them all. It's really just the only way to be safe.

That said, if anyone's little more philosophically inclined, I was thinking about this thread where I try to work thought the spiritual-revelation-that-was-Albion-V in the context of trying to convince myself (successfully, I'm happy to report) that I really need to buy Time Macro to go with it.

https://vi-control.net/community/th...-macro-and-the-neo-classical-manifesto.75476/

So if you think you might need just a little bit of extra help to push you over the edge to buy something ... not saying that this will work for everyone , by I find philosophy can provide that that little bit of extra rationalization.

Last edited:
Albion One will give you the basic ensemble in an ensemble library. If you don't feel you have that basic ensemble covered, Albion One is a good way to do it. But it has limitations, and depending on what you want to do, it might not be the best way to go, especially since BHCT already gives you the elements of the basic ensemble (albeit in a different configuration and with a different room than Albion One has). Iceni is an interesting library, and if you already don't have something like Metropolis Ark 1, it could give you quite a lot.

The other elements of all the Albions are always interesting, though, aside from the hits, I don't think they get the attention of the orchestral elements, and it can be hard to find good tutorials on how to use them effectively. (Homey's video on Iceni is a notable exception of showing how to effectively use other elements of an Albion library.)

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time. It's funny, the more I dig into the libraries I already have to try and emulate the sound of libraries I am considering, the more I realize how much potential they really have. BHCT alone, for example, just has so much in it, and when you start going into the advanced folder and stacking up some of the sounds, you can get great results.

Well ladies and gentlemen... we are on the last day and I... [insert drum roll from your favourite library please]... still have not decided if I'm picking up SStS, BDT or anything else. :laugh:

There's a lot of discussion on this thread about how these new textures work together. Which is why its interesting to me - I think there's an immensely interesting new dimension of musicality opening up to us, and we're barely to develop an adequate language to describe everything that's going on here.

In practice, I find that this lack of adequate language to properly describe both what these libraries are in the first place and, even more exponentially complicatedly, how the whole of their possibilities often becomes more that the sum of the parts with you start mixing and matching them ... it practically I think it means that the safest thing is just to buy them all. It's really just the only way to be safe.

That said, if anyone's little more philosophically inclined, I was thinking about this thread where I try to work thought the spiritual-revelation-that-was-Albion-V in the context of trying to convince myself (successfully, I'm happy to report) that I really need to buy Time Macro to go with it.

https://vi-control.net/community/th...-macro-and-the-neo-classical-manifesto.75476/

So if you think you might need just a little bit of extra help to push you over the edge to buy something ... not saying that this will work for everyone , by I find philosophy can provide that that little bit of extra rationalization.
Spending thousands of dollars to buy them all, just to be sure...

I think you just earn the neo-capitalism post of the year.. and a big thank you from Spitfire Audio stockholders...

Spending thousands of dollars to buy them all, just to be sure...

I think you just earn the neo-capitalism post of the year.. and a big thank you from Spitfire Audio stockholders...

Wasn't just talking about spitfire.

And this whole thread should qualify for neo-capitalist post of the year. :)

If it's any consolation, in the thread I was referencing, there are discernible marxist influences (albeit sometime deployed performatively) in some of the theorists I employed to convince myself to buy the library in question.

Last edited:
If you bought a single item at 40% but have the whole bundle on your wishlist, are they offering any kind of 'complete my bundle?'

One more day to decide on eDNA Earth...

Really want to buy the OACE, and it is in both the Olafur Bundle and the EVO Bundle. So it kind of comes down to the Evo Grids vs. OAE+OACT. Wondering how useful are the Evo Grid 1 to 4?

Yes, just make sure you are logged in.
interesting. Picked up the Tundra & OACE, not thinking I'd get the Scandi bundle.

When I log in and look at Scandi bundle, the 'complete your bundle' price is 332.46.
When I look at the Olafur Collection, it's 326.20. Scandi is just Albion V Tundra + Olafur bundle, right? Maybe Olafur just had a deeper discount? Or it was that I paid a bit more for OACE than the bundle?

Trying to decide if I should get the Albion bundle to complete mine or get the cinestrings solo to complement the SSoS with a different timbre... I have One and Tundra and the bundle would be pretty cheap. Would need a new bigger SSD though. :confused:

interesting. Picked up the Tundra & OACE, not thinking I'd get the Scandi bundle.

When I log in and look at Scandi bundle, the 'complete your bundle' price is 332.46.
When I look at the Olafur Collection, it's 326.20. Scandi is just Albion V Tundra + Olafur bundle, right? Maybe Olafur just had a deeper discount? Or it was that I paid a bit more for OACE than the bundle?
The bundles have different discounts 21% versus 22%. That would be the difference.

Top Bottom