What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Might have missed this, but what discount percentage are people seeing for any HZ libraries? Is it the full 40% or is it less?
I feel like people are saying they've gotten 40% across the board, for individual products and 30% on bundles.

Which makes me curious - if I want everything in a bundle, is it cheaper for me to buy the bundle, or slowly stock up on the individual products? This is their deepest discount time, I presume? Or do they more deeply discount some other individual products throughout the year?

For what I've noticed during the last two years I've been following their actions, the 40% sale is pretty much the best you can get. They have done a couple of "-50% for certain product" things, but otherwise your best bet to get the best discount from a certain product is either this wishlist or Black Friday.

Yes, still waiting. I seem to remember a few people had to contact support last year. They won’t be working until the 27th though.

Which makes me curious - if I want everything in a bundle, is it cheaper for me to buy the bundle, or slowly stock up on the individual products? This is their deepest discount time, I presume? Or do they more deeply discount some other individual products throughout the year?

Me too. I did some calculations on 2018 core.
You still save £25 buying the bundle even with them all at 40% individual. Not bad

My problem is I want Masse. Which means I have to buy the orchestra. The whole thing will be around $1100. Don’t know if it is worth it when I have HWO Diamond and BWW.

I also have the Albion Bundle on my list, but really I am on the fence. I have one and tundra. Would kind of like 2, and it is on my wish list separately. Too many things to think about. However, I did put the Cimbalon on my list - that will be a no-brained at 40% off. :)

I guess I will be watching videos today. Good thing all the Doctor Who episodes are reruns from yesterday.

Does anyone know, that has both libraries, whether Alternative Solo Strings and London Contemporary Strings are a good complement to each other? I'm less interested in chamber symphonic sounds and more interested in ambient/textural colours to add to more electronic works, but heard some criticisms about the vibrato in ASS and was wondering how much work it takes to get it sounding more natural and whether this would be a good fit for my needs.

From Spitfire? All Albions, Full Symphonic Orchestra, HZP Perc Pro and multiple small libraries...basically HZS, Choir and OA Chamber EVOs are missing if I want to get all Lyndhurst stuff. On the other hand BHCT and new Studio Series are recorded in the same space...

Mmmmm since you already own Albion IV and V you can pull a lot of that aleatoric sound from those two libraries. If you are in a hurry to write choral music and does not have any other choir library, the Withacre sounds like a great deal now. If not, I would definitely get BHCT and new Studio Series just to have different room options in my sound palette.

don't have any of the other EVOs - what would you recommend over BDT?

My biggest gripe with BDT is that it takes a lot of prep (at least for me) to get something useful out of it. I can't seem to work around the velocity script. I would get EVOs 3 and 4 instead :thumbsup:

Alright SF gurus after spending the last hour trying to work out SF acronyms... I'm between Tundra, SStS, BDT, LCO. If you could only have two desert island of the above for emotive / delicate scoring what would you choose?

Top Bottom