What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

OP
Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
Just to make sure, Zoot, that is your cart you're showing. You have to put items in your Wishlist to get a discount...

yup.

i just grabbed a bunch from my wishlist to see what the total would be.

thanks for the reminder!!!

OP
Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
this is probably more realistic as i have plenty of bread-and-butter strings

addicted to EVO

sf2.JPG

Reactions: Rey

miket

I'm proud of myself! It's still only the aluphone and harp, and I might not even get them.

Somehow, last night, I was playing around with what I *do* have, and managed to feel fulfilled and inspired by that. A Christmas miracle?

I got the harp, tundra, orchestral perc and Hans Zimmer perc ( I hope the non-professional version is still worth it) on my list. Any other must haves?? I have brass woodwinds and strings covered. :)

dogdad

Any love for Symphonic Brass, or has that been eclipsed by newer releases?

Best,

Geoff
I finally purchased this on Black Friday and couldn’t be happier! I should have waited until this sale but I had lost all patience, LOL!

It’s now my main brass library. Listen to the demos to see if it’s right for you. To me it’s the sound of many, many soundtracks I love. It’s a really good base library as well, that you can expand out if you want.

Keep in mind it’s a pretty wet library, so if that’s not your thing I’d look at the Studio Brass instead. For me though, it magic especially when you combine different Spitfire libraries, all recorded in the same hall. It just works and sounds like an orchestra!

jbuhler

Any love for Symphonic Brass, or has that been eclipsed by newer releases?

Best,

Geoff
It's my main brass, and I use it regularly. I find it doesn't cut well in high dynamic tuttis, even with the big ensemble patches so I use the brass from Ark 1 (trumpets a4 and horns a9) to supplement the loud side where motives need to be distinct and overpowering. I also use the Arks for certain swells, since those all have to be programmed in SF. In general, I think SSB has a very nice sound between p and ff, and the cuivre has a good bite to it as do the shorts at high volume. I do not care for the marcatos in the library for any instrument and the mutes are rudimentary—mutes are probably the main thing the library is lacking. (though I love the stopped horn patch.) I like the solo horn. I find the solo trumpet a bit quirky, but I think generally in a good way.

RandomComposer

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get LCO strings... I already have the Spitfire Evos (including OACE), OT's Time Macro, Heavyocity's IT and RT. I feel this already makes most of LCO strings redundant for me and wouldn't be worth it even at 40% discount. Open to debate though.

OP
Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
I finally purchased this on Black Friday and couldn’t be happier! I should have waited until this sale but I had lost all patience, LOL!

It’s now my main brass library. Listen to the demos to see if it’s right for you. To me it’s the sound of many, many soundtracks I love. It’s a really good base library as well, that you can expand out if you want.

Keep in mind it’s a pretty wet library, so if that’s not your thing I’d look at the Studio Brass instead. For me though, it magic especially when you combine different Spitfire libraries, all recorded in the same hall. It just works and sounds like an orchestra!

really likin' the Studio Brass offering.

OP
Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
I'm trying to decide whether or not to get LCO strings... I already have the Spitfire Evos (including OACE), OT's Time Macro, Heavyocity's IT and RT. I feel this already makes most of LCO strings redundant for me and wouldn't be worth it even at 40% discount. Open to debate though.
in a similar situation with possible LCO redundancy - gonna grab it anyway.

RandomComposer

I have another potential redundancy issue with HZ percussion, in that I already have Heavyocity Damage, Ensemble series, Met Ark 1, 2, 3, Storm Drum 2, 3. I'm not sure I can justify buying HZ Percussion even with a large discount.

jbuhler

LCO Strings …. :cautious: List is getting quite long …. Is longer better ??
It sounds like this year longer might be better because they are going to give offers on everything on your list, including bundles. It’s not clear to me though whether the wishlist will extend to complete your bundle pricing. Also CH’s most recent video made it sound like the wishlist sale this year will be significantly better than the past. So maybe it will reach 50% or more on some products. I’m not sure how I feel about that. My bank account certainly disapproves.

Top Bottom