What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

On my last two downloads here for Spitfire. Albion V and BHCT. :)

I want to buy whoever came up with the Spitfire installer a drink. So much better than Continuata
These days it really is remarkably transparent downloading from SF. OT on the other hand is almost always a nightmare, not just because they use Continuata—I download lots through them without incident—but because OT somehow configures their Continuata downloads in a way that is not intuitive and you can easily end up with your library a complete jumbled mess.

These days it really is remarkably transparent downloading from SF. OT on the other hand is almost always a nightmare, not just because they use Continuata—I download lots through them without incident—but because OT somehow configures their Continuata downloads in a way that is not intuitive and you can easily end up with your library a complete jumbled mess.
Agree about OT downloads - I recently discovered completed duplicate files for Ark 3 in my Windows Pictures folder! I have no idea how they got there :confused:

Just tried my unused codes. They are still working.
My Bernard Herrmann code definitely came up as expired when I tried it earlier (as I mentioned), and it still does when I looked just now.

However I tried a code for a different product and I was surprised to find it doesn't say expired.

Maybe they killed off the BHCT codes (to close the loophole on the combined 30% & 40% discount) but left the others working beyond the deadline as people had been having problems getting the codes emailed out?

Got BHCT as the only one (the most desired one) but tried just of curiosity if the wish list code due to the technical issues is additive to existing highlight :) I'll just say that might have been the biggest sale of all time :geek:

Let me know how the kitbag is!

I think it's pretty good! Mostly I've been playing with the Contrabass Flute so far. Very airy, chuffy tone. These aren't ordinary orchestral flutes, obviously, and no attempt has been made to make them play that way. And even for jazz/rock/unconventional uses, this doesn't quite unseat my favorite virtual flute, the Orange Tree Samples Passion Flute. But if you're looking for some great variations on the theme of the deep, breathy, expressive flute, I think the Andy Findon Kitbag does very nicely indeed.

Some minor observations:

Really benefits from riding/drawing dynamics and expression.

The chuffs on the artisan longs are, in my opinion, so intense that you may want to add some light compression to tame the peaks. Here's a quick audio example I put together this afternoon. In this first version, I've only put a little compression on the artisan longs and a bit of reverb on the bus.

As with all Spitfire libraries, however, it's very quiet, so you have to turn the volume just about all they way up in Kontakt to get it to the point that you can hear it properly. So, once again, compression: here's another version of the same track with Klevgrand Korvpressor added to the master bus -- it really pumps up the jam, IMO.

Finally, while I've mostly been fooling around with the CB Flute, it should be noted that the other instruments have a much shorter range. (I think these are just the natural ranges of the instruments -- no extended ranges here.) CB Flute is a bit over three octaves; the Fujara is 2.5 octaves; the Chinese Bamboo Flute is 2 octaves; the Shakuhachi and Ocarina are just a bit over one octave.

Just a heads up...

Anyone who put the Bernard Herrmann library on their wish list but was still undecided - as of this morning , the library is on promo with 30% off.....but the wish list discount code of 40% still works too , so it brings it down to £188.40 !

I couldn’t resist
Thanks for the tip. Code worked for me yesterday too, and like you I couldn't resist. Payment went through for it but there was some error on spitfire's end - no doubt related to the spitfire AI kicking itself. Imagine support will sort it, those guys are quality.

Looks like Codes are finally 'dead'.
Finally made up mind on ICENI, hit 'Buy' and site reset, Code now 'expired'.
Figured SF was waiting for late Code approval issues and would reset after this New Years Day holiday …..
Really unpredictable process tho. Would have been so easy to alert everyone of a new, firm, shutoff.

Looks like Codes are finally 'dead'.
Finally made up mind on ICENI, hit 'Buy' and site reset, Code now 'expired'.
Figured SF was waiting for late Code approval issues and would reset after this New Years Day holiday …..
Really unpredictable process tho. Would have been so easy to alert everyone of a new, firm, shutoff.
Given the problems they are obviously having with their database it’s hard to know what they meant to do or if it is even working the way they mean for it to do now.

Really unpredictable process tho
yeah, but crap happens. Coming from a more technical aspect, I'm rather sympathetic to these kind of situations. It's really hard to predict malfunctions/quirky behaviours with a heavy load, even after much testing.

That being said, still, hats off to @Karma & @SpitfireSupport for doing their best - they are slammed and have been bending over backwards. Don't give em too much heat :)

Zero 'heat' :P I think most users are now expecting these peak-load issues with major providers.

Simply suggesting that mainstream communication channels (YT, FB, VI-C, xyz) could be used to advise consumers that an announced deadline will be extended to a date /time certain.

Zero 'heat' :P
Simply suggesting that mainstream communication channels (YT, FB, VI-C, xyz) could be used to advise consumers that an announced deadline will be extended to a date /time certain.
I think they did extend it to folks who got codes late or had issues. I assume they didn't announce this because then they'd be met with another round of folks making requests for extensions or the moon or telling them they are destroying the industry by offering their libraries at such discounts.

I think they did extend it to folks who got codes late or had issues. I assume they didn't announce this because then they'd be met with another round of folks making requests for extensions or the moon or telling them they are destroying the industry by offering their libraries at such discounts.
damned if you do, damned if you don't :)

Top Bottom