What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Rap-sody

Music... again and again
There's a lot of discussion on this thread about how these new textures work together. Which is why its interesting to me - I think there's an immensely interesting new dimension of musicality opening up to us, and we're barely to develop an adequate language to describe everything that's going on here.

In practice, I find that this lack of adequate language to properly describe both what these libraries are in the first place and, even more exponentially complicatedly, how the whole of their possibilities often becomes more that the sum of the parts with you start mixing and matching them ... it practically I think it means that the safest thing is just to buy them all. It's really just the only way to be safe.

That said, if anyone's little more philosophically inclined, I was thinking about this thread where I try to work thought the spiritual-revelation-that-was-Albion-V in the context of trying to convince myself (successfully, I'm happy to report) that I really need to buy Time Macro to go with it.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/john-luther-adams-tundra-time-macro-and-the-neo-classical-manifesto.75476/

So if you think you might need just a little bit of extra help to push you over the edge to buy something ... not saying that this will work for everyone , by I find philosophy can provide that that little bit of extra rationalization.
Spending thousands of dollars to buy them all, just to be sure...

I think you just earn the neo-capitalism post of the year.. and a big thank you from Spitfire Audio stockholders...

ism

Spending thousands of dollars to buy them all, just to be sure...

I think you just earn the neo-capitalism post of the year.. and a big thank you from Spitfire Audio stockholders...
Wasn't just talking about spitfire.

And this whole thread should qualify for neo-capitalist post of the year. :)

If it's any consolation, in the thread I was referencing, there are discernible marxist influences (albeit sometime deployed performatively) in some of the theorists I employed to convince myself to buy the library in question.

Last edited:

whiskers

Perpetual student
If you bought a single item at 40% but have the whole bundle on your wishlist, are they offering any kind of 'complete my bundle?'

One more day to decide on eDNA Earth...

arznable

Really want to buy the OACE, and it is in both the Olafur Bundle and the EVO Bundle. So it kind of comes down to the Evo Grids vs. OAE+OACT. Wondering how useful are the Evo Grid 1 to 4?

whiskers

Perpetual student
Yes, just make sure you are logged in.
interesting. Picked up the Tundra & OACE, not thinking I'd get the Scandi bundle.

When I log in and look at Scandi bundle, the 'complete your bundle' price is 332.46.
When I look at the Olafur Collection, it's 326.20. Scandi is just Albion V Tundra + Olafur bundle, right? Maybe Olafur just had a deeper discount? Or it was that I paid a bit more for OACE than the bundle?

fiction

Trying to decide if I should get the Albion bundle to complete mine or get the cinestrings solo to complement the SSoS with a different timbre... I have One and Tundra and the bundle would be pretty cheap. Would need a new bigger SSD though. :confused:

jbuhler

interesting. Picked up the Tundra & OACE, not thinking I'd get the Scandi bundle.

When I log in and look at Scandi bundle, the 'complete your bundle' price is 332.46.
When I look at the Olafur Collection, it's 326.20. Scandi is just Albion V Tundra + Olafur bundle, right? Maybe Olafur just had a deeper discount? Or it was that I paid a bit more for OACE than the bundle?
The bundles have different discounts 21% versus 22%. That would be the difference.

whiskers

Perpetual student
The bundles have different discounts 21% versus 22%. That would be the difference.
Doing some quick math, if I had bought the Scandi bundle, vs buying OACE and Albion V separately, I would have saved 26.7.

Oh well. now to decide to actually get it or not.

PaulBrimstone

Far, Far Away
If you bought a single item at 40% but have the whole bundle on your wishlist, are they offering any kind of 'complete my bundle?'

One more day to decide on eDNA Earth...
@whiskers I was a latecomer to eDNA and I do not regret it one little bit, especially now it’s been updated. The sounds are absolutely huge and in frequent use in my tunes cave. Very useful when you want to rattle the foundations.

whiskers

Perpetual student
@whiskers I was a latecomer to eDNA and I do not regret it one little bit, especially now it’s been updated. The sounds are absolutely huge and in frequent use in my tunes cave. Very useful when you want to rattle the foundations.
Thanks for the recommendation, buddy. I trust your judgement.

what if you're not looking to rattle the foundations, but want an electronic synth element that'll sit well in an orchestral mix? I hear it's good for that too.
Pretty sure I'm going to pick it up, waiting to see if spitfire would be so kind as to add Kinematik to my discount list. Didn't realize it was separate and didn't have it on my list. We'll see :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom