What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zoot_Rollo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. idematoa

idematoa Active Member

THX ! :)

I would not like to add confusion ... eDNA Earth is particularly useful for completing more general and / or orchestral libraries. This allows mixing between different styles of music ...

dzilizzi, PSKLN and whiskers like this.
  2. styledelk

styledelk Member

Dec 22, 2017
    They're also fantastic. I've only really used the piano from OA Composer Toolkit, but between its two mics you have a lot of options, if a felt piano is your thing. You can hear it a lot on Spitfire's demo tracks, as it seems to be very often a go-to piano for them.
    OA Evolutions is grittier than OACE, since it's more of a quartet. OACE gets more of the attention mostly because it's newer and it has the Waves as separate instruments (and they're worth the price of admission, anyhow). That said, OAE is just as a beautiful and flexible. I've found I prefer the evos from Tundra, though.

josephspirits, dzilizzi and jbuhler like this.
  3. RandomComposer

RandomComposer Active Member

Mar 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Question for anyone who can answer - do wishlist discounts work on upgrades to professional?

The reason I'm asking is because I might go for HZP now, then upgrade to professional in 1 years time when the wishlist is here again (if I find lots of use for it).

dzilizzi likes this.
  4. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    How would you compare the Evos from Tundra & OACE?

Cheers.

dzilizzi likes this.
  5. styledelk

styledelk Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Do you like Bass Clarinet? This one is even more accordion like, kind of a harmonium sound where you feel like you could be working the bellows. Evo 11 on there is perfection. There's just a lot of stuff on the edge of synth, but still feeling organic and organ-esque and.. not electric, in there.

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  6. transverb

transverb Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I would love to know the answer to this as well. I put in a request with support.

7. arznable

arznable Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    Ha ha ha, I have the same feeling!!!

8. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    If I didn't have Omnisphere it's be a lot easier to justify :)

dzilizzi likes this.
  9. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Understand ….. yet have had Omni since Intro, it's my synth mainstay, but eDNA01 Earth is a waaaay different beast. o_O Don't really have useful words to explain, but very fast and easy to run through many changes /variations with eDNA01. :speechless:

whiskers likes this.
  10. arznable

arznable Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    Hmm... It seems the EVOlutions Bundle is a better buy than the Olafur Bundle then. The EVO Bundle includes both OAE & OACE, and all four EVOs as well...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    tebling and whiskers like this.
  11. arznable

arznable Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    By the way, what do you mean by Evo 11? Do you mean Evo Grid 1 here?

12. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Active Member

May 8, 2018
    Just spent $1306 on BHCT, Solo Strings, Chamber upgrade, Studio Strings Pro, LCO, bespoke drive. So what is my squirmy little brain telling me, just minutes later? "You can pick up the brass when the woods come out." Good grief.

13. Mateo Pascual

Mateo Pascual New Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, they do. I have HZPP in my wishlist and can use the discount to upgrade now. I don't know if they will include upgrades in future sales though, but I hope so.

14. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    I would love it if you could try to expound on that a little more, even if it's stream-of-consciousness style. I know these kinds of things are hard to articulate into words, though :)

dzilizzi likes this.
  15. styledelk

styledelk Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I mean in Albion V's Vral Grid, the pinboard is numbered. The 11th column in the pinboard. :)

whiskers likes this.
  16. arznable

arznable Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    Can I ask how much exactly is the upgrade price from HZP to HZP Pro after 40% off? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  17. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    What about the Kinematik add-on?

whiskers likes this.
  18. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Will try shortly. Just went to pull up eDNA01 and crazy Kontakt 5 message about version being too old. Many other K5.8.1 Tracks loaded an no such issue … some Albions among them. Tried Updating Earth on SF Audio and no change. Will get this sorted ……….

Also have Kinematik and it is a fav.

whiskers likes this.
  19. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Dumb me didn't realize at the time it was a separate item (thought it was bundled at first) and didn't add it to my wishlist. Sent SFA a support ticket in the far-fetched hope they could discount that as well. We'll see :).

20. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Do you have Tundra now? Stephensons Steam Band Pads patches give you a good feel for the I/F.

Just tried in Kontakt 6 Player and eDNA01 loaded OK … weird ????

whiskers likes this.