What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zoot_Rollo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Mr. Edinburgh

Mr. Edinburgh Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Nothing in my inbox, emails or account today.
    Considering I've spent A LOT of money with this company this year - and as they're marketing team like to call "community" (which really means customers) - I'm really disappointed.
    Anyway - who cares

2. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    We have to be patient, I guess. I also have not yet received the mail.

3. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Well, in that case you can grab Requiem. I got Lacrimosa, which i am exited to try out when i get my external SSD fixed haha.

4. ionian

ionian Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Not to mention what Sonokinetic did for the 12 days of Christmas. Now that was thermonuclear.

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  5. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Jesus, why do people always have to be so quick in assuming the worst. A lot of people haven't recieved their mails yet, at the last wish list sale i got mine pretty late in the day, so don't worry, you definitely wont be left out.

Jesus..

6. OP
    OP
    Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Yeah, that was weird.

7. DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

Yet it is obvious that if you always just talk about receiving a gift many people will not expect discount codes. Many people have been wondering about an additional gift. No wonder... they never said "you'll receive discount codes as a gift from us" - which would be fine. Context. ;)
    https://www.spitfireaudio.com/info/faq/wish-list/ They avoid the word "sale" and "discount" like the plague haha...

A gift to me doesn't cost anything... sales are a way for companies to get people to buy things they usually wouldn't or couldn't buy - which is a good thing for both parties. Again - unless you really make it clear that the gift is a discount code...
    But not a gift as most understand it.
    Ha, whether a sale is thermonuclear does not depend on whether you personally appreciate the libraries.

8. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    man..they are just sending out emails, it will take a while..

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  9. Cinebient

Cinebient Active Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes....for this it seems there is more time to decide. I´m really in for a choir. Not sure if it will be Requiem or EWC. At the end i´m scared....both...plus a new extern SSD. I like more the intimate not too epic in your face stuff.

10. OP
    OP
    Zoot_Rollo

Jul 1, 2016
    glad Choirs aren't in my cross-hairs.

but Requiem Pro for $98?

11. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    Man, can't have a Spitfire thread without some good ol' negativity. Relax folks...;)

jbuhler, WindcryMusic, Henu and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Ha

Mr. Ha Active Member

Dec 3, 2015
    You should get Requiem Professional! another 84% discount

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  13. Mr. Ha

Mr. Ha Active Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I got Lacrimosa which is great so I won't be getting Requiem but it's a GOOD deal!

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  14. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    I wanted to get LCO for peppering my strings with various flavours but from the articulation list I learned that some things were sampled for certain sections only. Like why celli and basses+celli don't have a staccato dig or sul pont tremolo?
    Dunno now...

15. martinjuenke

martinjuenke New Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Germany
    You are allowed to buy their products...

Batrawi and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Zoot_Rollo

Jul 1, 2016

yes, for my VERY limited choir use, could be a great addition.

17. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Got my email now! 40% off everything on my wish list, now to decide which to get!

18. HelixK

HelixK Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    This is the same guy who said some nasty things about Christian in Christian's thread a while ago and quickly deleted it. It didn't occur to me to take a print screen and when I tried to reply to his post it was gone.

Maybe some of you that were following that thread received an email notification? I let it go to avoid stupid drama and if you look at his post history, he acts like nothing happened but this is too much.

In the spirit of the Holidays, I wish that you go fuck yourself @Mr. Edinburgh and I'm glad that you finally showed your true colors.

19. James H

James H 01001000 01101001

Dec 20, 2018
    UK
    40% is good in my books... like really good. Better than 39%!

fretti likes this.
  20. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    I think it's a question of perspective. Spitfire has had these Wishlist sales (2x a year) for a couple of years now. They always call these discounts a gift (fitting in to the Wishlist-idiom). The discounts used to be like 25% of individual products and 15% on collections. Since last year (their 10th anniversary) they upped the discounts considerably, hence the thermonuclear quote. They never said it was going to be the biggest sale in VI-world, just their biggest sale. Which is almost correct. Only the BF collection The Ton was ever cheaper than 50% off.

I actually do think that appreciation of a library plays a huge role in how one values a particular sale. True, I could have bought products that were discounted much more - if I would have wanted them, which I did not. Words and percentages are just advertising. In the end it comes down to what you are willing to pay for any given product.