What's good from Sample Logic?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by SimonViklund, May 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I got a voucher to spend in the Sample Logic shop (shoutout to Reuben Cornell + The Samplecast!) FYI I do a lot of hybrid/cinematic/horror/epic stuff atm.

Is Drum Fury any good? I have a LOT of similar VIs (all Metropolis Arks, all 8dio Epic Percussion ensembles, Spitfire HZ01 + 03, Damage, Audioimperia Decimator & Sinfonia Drums, Strezov Thunder X3M, and more) and although one more color in the pallette is good, I'm still hesitant...

I have a few Sample Logic libraries since before - Morphestra 2, Xosphere and more -I bought them thinking they would be good to randomize some rhythms for underscoring... However, like any product that offers "endless randomization" (like 8dio Blendstrument) the loops become rather soulless, they have effects/gating (to add more variety) that simply don't sound good, or they layer sounds with no regard to how they fit together mix-wise and it becomes a mindless mash-up of sounds...

So, what libraries from Sample Logic are actually really good?

2. Zee

Zee Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Bohemian is a good pick if you don't already have 8dio Aura exotic or Sonic couture Box of trick

SimonViklund likes this.
  3. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Enjoyed Reuben's MAP Livestream !

Nothin good @ SL. You can PM me the Voucher tho ……… :whistling:

Sean, michelsimons and SimonViklund like this.
  4. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    All kidding aside, I think there's a consensus that everything from Sample Logic is a good product. Pick something that overlaps least with what you already have.

SimonViklund and sostenuto like this.
  5. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I'm definitely not part of that consensus. To me most of it all sounds the same. Very square and stiff arp stuff. Rompler esk vibe in general. On top of that, a lot of it seems very over priced compared to other developers.

6. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    My thoughts exactly. I only have their Waterharp 2, since I am almost always underwhelmed when watching a walk-through of one of their products.

7. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Trailer Xpressions 1 or 2?

8. leon chevalier

leon chevalier Cinematic Studio Fanboy

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Cinematic guitar Infinity, even without the "endless randomization" engine, has a lot to offer!

Maiestic9 likes this.
  9. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I have Drum Fury, and while it is pretty good and all i think that you wouldn't find any use for it considering the epic percussion libraries you already have. To me it is a good (and at the intro offer very cheap) almost all-in-one epic percussion pack for those who doesn't have a lot of stuff in that vein already, but you are most likely already covered (with better stuff) by HZ Percussion.

SimonViklund likes this.
  10. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    MAP, Drum Fury, Bohemian, Cinematic Keys (and Guitars Organic Atmospheres), Gamelan, Cinemorphx ...
    they’re all very well done. Some of the best in the business. Pretty, pretty good.

11. GtrString

GtrString Active Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    If you don’t like Morphestra, I don’t think you can find anything there. That is their flagship instrument.