What's new

What will I lose if I 'crossgrade' from Cubase Pro 9.5 to Nuendo?

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
I mean on the surface it would sound like a good business strategy, but even on their own forums they have encouraged users who find no use for Nuendo to NOT crossgrade.

This is NOT a crossgrade sale. This is a Nuendo sale, that just so happens to include a crossgrade from Cubase in the sale. So reasoning in the direction that there is some special lure they have setup to trick Cubase users into the Nuendo fold is absolutely ridiculous.

You don't keep your Cubase license, because really, Nuendo is Cubase with extra features. Their video features have always been ahead of Cubase, while bells and whistles associated with audio have hit Cubase ahead of Nuendo (and according to them they are trying to narrow this gap). The crossgrade has NEVER allowed you to keep your Cubase license...this is nothing new here guys!

The upgrade price is 70% off. If you need Nuendo, now is the best time to get it if you are coming from Cubase. If not, stick with what you have. But no need for any weird drama around this sale.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I mean on the surface it would sound like a good business strategy, but even on their own forums they have encouraged users who find no use for Nuendo to NOT crossgrade.

This is NOT a crossgrade sale. This is a Nuendo sale, that just so happens to include a crossgrade from Cubase in the sale. So reasoning in the direction that there is some special lure they have setup to trick Cubase users into the Nuendo fold is absolutely ridiculous.

You don't keep your Cubase license, because really, Nuendo is Cubase with extra features. Their video features have always been ahead of Cubase, while bells and whistles associated with audio have hit Cubase ahead of Nuendo (and according to them they are trying to narrow this gap). The crossgrade has NEVER allowed you to keep your Cubase license...this is nothing new here guys!

The upgrade price is 70% off. If you need Nuendo, now is the best time to get it if you are coming from Cubase. If not, stick with what you have. But no need for any weird drama around this sale.
But where will I get excitement if there is no weird drama!!!! :sad:

Okay, that makes sense. I am not over on their forum much. I tend to get better help at forums like this and the things I am reading makes you wonder if they aren't trying to mesh them a little more. I don't think I've ever seen Nuendo this low before. Is this a normal sales price for them? Or maybe they are planning on lowering the price permanently to somewhere in between? Kind of like ProTools did once you no longer needed the TDM console. Mostly just curious.

OP
alanb

alanb

Belated thanks to @heisenberg and mgpqa1 for the Steinberg Forum thread pointers/link, and to @jneebz, @JonSolo and the rest for your input.

Particularly in light of the depth of the discount and free upgrade to N10, I decided that Nuendo's additional video, post, and surround capabilities made the crossgrade a necessity.

Plus, I was just able to make a 'Competitive Crossgrade' to Cubase 10 from another DAW on my system, so I'll now have the best of both worlds. And if it turns out at some point that Nuendo handles one of my older Cubase projects differently, I'll always have a Cubase license (and various installed versions of the program) on hand...........

Top Bottom