What to do with your old no longer supported VSTI's

Michel Simons

But getting back to VSTi's... when they no longer work, I simply delete them. I've lost some favorites along the way, but it's nothing I can't live without. Lord knows I have far more sounds and libraries than I'll ever use in my lifetime.
I agree. I still use the Kjaerhus Classic compressor en delay plugins, both of which are 32bit. Especially the compressor is something I still use on basically every track. But once they stop working I just (have to) move on. And that's maybe not such a bad thing, forcing you to change your habits.

OP
josejherring

josejherring

Thanks for the all the input. The only reason I asked is that I had developed back in the day when I had less money than I have now a unique sound using a combination of the aformentioned synths and a bunch of freebee plugins. They had a character and a uniqueness about them that I kind of miss.

What I think I can do is to port them from my XP drive and get them running in a 32bit instance of VEPro and see if that's stable enough. They also had low footprint CPU wise so I could stack a lot of stuff without feeling it.

Maybe I'm hallucinating and when I finally do get them working again they may suck. But, I miss them.