What's new

What Synth you need/want Presets for in 2021?

What Synth you need/want Presets for in 2021?

• U-he DIVA

• U-he Zebra2

• U-he Hive2

• U-he Repro

• Omnisphere

• Arturia Pigments3

• NI Massive X

• Arturia V collection. (w/o pigments)

• Synapse Dune3

• Plugin Alliance Thorn / Oberhausen / Knifonium

• Serum

• Spire

• Sylenth1

• Avenger VPS

• NI Reaktor (synths)

• Tal Juno/Jupiter

• Rob Papen

• Roland Cloud Synths

• Reason Synths

• Padshop

• Softube Modular / Juno

• Phaseplant

• Melda Msynth/others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personally, i think it's a huge pity that almost nobody does soundsets for both Melda's Powersynth and Soundfactory.
Their potential is immense; however, there are almost no sounds -> so nobody cares about them -> so nobody makes sounds for them.

Besides, personally I've voted for TAL-Jupiter and the PiA combo (thinking of Knif).
With Reaktor, i have a strange relationship. Sometimes when i'm off studio for some days (and start missing it) i download lots of ensembles (from the NI user lib) to my laptop, but usually never open them when i'm back. Too many possibilities aren't always a bless ;)

Off topic but... Zebra 2 is the most popular synth for composers (see this poll I made some time ago).

Not sure if people are still looking for Zebra presets, but I'm in the process of finishing two libraries for Zebra. Then I will focus on Dune 3 for some time until Zebra 3 comes out (probably at least a year away if not more).
Interesting, I wonder how much the HZ name association has made Zebra rise higher in popularity. Lol but back then I voted for Iris2. I'm gonna have to change to Omnisphere now that I have it. :laugh:

Wish you would make your subs presets for Omnisphere! I'm working on a rhythmic library for Omni for my own use / possible sale.. but those would compliment so well on some tracks. Maybe I'll have to buy Zebra if it ever gets discounted again.

p.s. I think presets tend to be undervalued.. I pay routinely much more for Adobe Lightroom presets!

No Phase Plant? Pitty. I was building a patch and trying it out on everything synth I have, when I came to Phase Plant I pulled up one wavetable and the sound was 90% there without anything added, no filter, no modulation source, nothing. It's like the wavetable was already ready to take you there before you even know what "there" is.

Other than that I voted for Reason Synths and Massive X. Some real untapped potential. I've been trying to get some guys more interested in Reason synths. ZebraHZ would also be a good choice.

Wish you would make your subs presets for Omnisphere! I'm working on a rhythmic library for Omni for my own use / possible sale.. but those would compliment so well on some tracks. Maybe I'll have to buy Zebra if it ever gets discounted again.
To be honest I've considered getting Omni to make presets for it since it's very popular around here... But I don't have much interest in its library which I reckon is what makes it so expensive. I wish Spectrasonics sold a version without any presets at all.

If you buy Zebra 2, be sure to also buy Zebra HZ which will give you Zebra 3 for free when it comes out.

Personally, i think it's a huge pity that almost nobody does soundsets for both Melda's Powersynth and Soundfactory.
Their potential is immense; however, there are almost no sounds -> so nobody cares about them -> so nobody makes sounds for them.

Besides, personally I've voted for TAL-Jupiter and the PiA combo (thinking of Knif).
With Reaktor, i have a strange relationship. Sometimes when i'm off studio for some days (and start missing it) i download lots of ensembles (from the NI user lib) to my laptop, but usually never open them when i'm back. Too many possibilities aren't always a bless ;)

Yeah reaktor is one of those that you always forget and then are amazed by it. It used to be kind of meh for normal substrative synths but now it’s very good at that.

the issue is the development for a new synth is a lot of work. I think ni tried to ramp up and change to create a Kontakt like ecosystem but the sheer amount of free ensemble won’t help ni. Great for us though

Haven’t invested in Zebra yet so I voted Omni and Serum first because they together usually fulfill most of my current needs.

Third place for me is tied but I would buy presets for either Dune 2/3 or Knifonium … but they are a distant third.

(I own four other synths in the list for which I did not vote.)

Zebra 2 is the most popular synth for composers (see this poll I made some time ago).

Looks like Omnisphere is a fraction of a percentage behind, today.

But I don't have much interest in its library which I reckon is what makes it so expensive. I wish Spectrasonics sold a version without any presets at all.

As a preset maker, I’d assume the goldmine of included recordings would make it an opportunity. Or if you’re only interested in “synth” waveforms … then maybe cater to the elite market who splurged on the extra $100 Moog Tribute Library and sell a package that uses those.

Not really trying to give you advice! More like surprised, and thinking ‘out loud’. Feel free to chuckle.

As a preset maker, I’d assume the goldmine of included recordings would make it an opportunity. Or if you’re only interested in “synth” waveforms … then maybe cater to the elite market who splurged on the extra $100 Moog Tribute Library and sell a package that uses those.
I have a couple of ideas for a hybrid library (synth + samples layered) but if I do it, it will be with my own samples.

Still haven't decided on which platform to do it though. Falcon is tempting me... or maybe some other synth which can import samples like Dune, Pigments, etc.

I have a couple of ideas for a hybrid library (synth + samples layered) but if I do it, it will be with my own samples.

Still haven't decided on which platform to do it though. Falcon is tempting me... or maybe some other synth which can import samples like Dune, Pigments, etc.

Cool!

I have Falcon as well.

Top Bottom