1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Solo Violin Sample Library Blows Your Skirt Up?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Parsifal666, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Erik

Erik Senior Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Hi,
    My two cents with the Chris Hein Italian violin. I did this before with 4 x the latest SWAM violins. Now with this one....

Jonas Hallstrom and Casiquire like this.
  2. musophrenic

musophrenic Senior Member

May 18, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    As impressive as the walkthroughs from Embertone have been, your excellent track has single handedly convinced me of the awesomeness of this library. It already seemed awesome, but the fact that it could do THAT (plus the HUGE talent involved on your part) sells it to me.

nas, Quasar and SoundChris like this.
  3. musophrenic

musophrenic Senior Member

May 18, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Consider my skirt blown up by the Joshua Bell Violin :P

4. SoundChris

SoundChris Senior Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks a lot man - glad you enjoyed it. Really: You can´t go wrong with that instrument and you can even edit it deeper if needed. My personal virtual instrument of 2017. Just groundbreaking. I hope they will make a Yo Yo Ma Cello as the next step. I am pretty sure there will be other string installments with that technology and approach in the future :)

fiestared likes this.
  5. LFO

LFO Senior Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I have Embertone, Cinesamples and VSL solo violins and I gotta say, since I picked up Chris Hein I haven't touched the others. To me it is the most flexible solo instrument out there and more importantly the way it is used works with how I think. The tone is excellent, malleable, and features like multiple vibrato options, notehead flexiblity and speed of the sample (to change the length of things like dynamic expressiveness) are outstanding. I'm not wild about the reverbs that come with it, but I couldn't care less about that, I have plenty to use outside of Kontakt.

6. LFO

LFO Senior Member

Jul 8, 2009
    As with anything, tone is subjective. I happen to love the Chris Hein tone. There are a number of classical violin pieces on YouTube, Chris likes to show the violinist playing the piece while the MIDI mockup plays. Here's one:

Casiquire likes this.
  7. Raindog

Raindog Senior Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Best demo I have heard using the Joshua Bell violin. Embertone should put it on their website. Would definitely increase their sale. Chapeau.....

Casiquire, ism and SoundChris like this.
  8. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic demo.

SoundChris likes this.
  9. Zhao Shen

Zhao Shen StormSound

Jul 8, 2014
    This demo is mindblowingly good. As in, if anyone ever asks me how it's possible that musicians are losing jobs to samples, this will be Exhibit A.

SGordB, rottoy and SoundChris like this.
  10. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

I personally loves Bohemian a lot coz of its performance ability. Joshua Belle sounds great and I have to say the upcoming extensions of two more additional violins for Chris Hein's Solo Violin. Especially that 1860 old violin sound which i personally like it a lot ! Chris Hein's library is very versatile and has lots of articulations to play with. So stay tune for Chris Hein's upcoming extension releases which he previously mentioned Jan 2018

11. SoundChris

SoundChris Senior Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Germany
  12. SoundChris

SoundChris Senior Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Germany
    Here is a new track where I have used the Embertone Joshua Bell Violin in a Trio / classical context. I have chosen to go for a late-romantic style here:

Enjoy!

Raindog, Sovereign, dflood and 7 others like this.
  13. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Shit sounds real! Well done!

14. mventura

mventura Senior Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Here is a new track using JB violin and Chris Hein cello and bass.

SGordB and givemenoughrope like this.
  15. s_bettinzana

s_bettinzana Senior Member

Mar 26, 2016
    You are a master!

16. SGordB

SGordB Senior Member

And they did! Right at the top of their demo queue (https://www.embertone.com/instruments/joshuabellviolin.php) when I revisited their product page just now, after hearing Chris's jawdropping/skirt-lifting demo here.