What would yours be?
Very nice one, Christian!What would yours be?
Are you using the iPad as a monitor for your Mac mini or did I miss something. Because that sounds interesting.Very nice one, Christian!
Finalising details on my portable rig:
- Mac mini 64gb ram, 6 core, 2tb ssd (+14tb ssd external)
- NUC i7 32gb ram, 4 core, 5tb ssd (internal). Waiting on a BIOS update to install 64gb. There is an intel model that already accepts it, mine is a gigabyte.
- iPad Pro 13 (thinking on getting a slim usbc 15 4k one for extra monitor).
- bluetooth foldable full size typing keyboard (with numeric pad) + mouse
- Roli Songwriter kit
- Apogee one + Sony wh-1000mk3 (or Audio Technica’s ATM 50’s, it depends).
- Macbook pro i7, 4 core, 16gb for office work. (Not always, as needed, the ipad often does the job too).
- Sometimes I carry with me a korg nanokontrol too. (Faders on touch block part of the roli moves in “steps” because of the “holed” texture, which is a bit annoying...)
It does need external power, although I am trying to figure out a way to have one of the portable TSA approved powerbanks.
Not as portable as yours, and more heavy for sure, but, I can carry all that on my hand luggage and travel overseas with my full rig, which is what I need. I might take a few ideas from your setup, thanks for sharing!!!
Yes, using Duet. Great option!Are you using the iPad as a monitor for your Mac mini or did I miss something. Because that sounds interesting.
Thank you! That is great. I always thought a mac mini would make a great portable option (for use in a hotel room - I drive a lot when I travel) but couldn't figure out the monitor aspect.