What's new

What Piano should I get? (NI Piano sale)

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I'm adding one more - it is the Italian F278 from the new UVI Keysuite. I really like this one. I used the Mellow Dark preset

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/italian_italian-st-mp3.19206/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

Reactions: CGR

JamieLang

You really can't use the same MIDI for an effective comparison....but, I get why it's done. Do it another way, and suddenly there's the "you variable"...but, end of the day...you can't separate the performer for the instrument.

Anyway--Alicia's Keys is a lovely Scarbee programmed piano. It's what 10 year old? I feel like I ran it on my Pentium4 WinXP machine...

IvoryII AmericanD
Galaxy VintageD
Keyscape C7

Those are my current gotos...still I keep Alicia's installed because it's "pretty" in a unique way, almost like it has a Rhodes layered in low (but doesn't)...so, for sentimental ballad pop, there's not really better. :) As someone who has played DPs for a LONG time--it's always interesting how sometimes a sampled instrument just "works" in a way that the manufacturer obviously doesn't understand, because they use superior tech next time out and can't match it...Alicia's is like that...it's old but it's a lovely unique instrument.

I can't say anything nice about a single other (non Scarbee) NI piano I've ever played. They consistently miss the playability mark for me. Obviously YMMV.

scoringdreams

Unsuspecting Person
To the OP, the list of ideal pianos will never end for the avid piano collector.

But if you are going for the NI sale, and you already have the Zimmer piano, go for the Giant or Alicia Keys next?

Noire is pretty good too, but it's not part of the NI sale if I recall...

OP
Diablo3

Diablo3

Thanks. Of course I know this has been discussed all over the web. But in my case it was because
of the NI sale, then we found out it's Piano Day. But NI has lots of pianos for 49. Now that is a deal. :P

If I wanted to spend more I think I would save and buy something that is not a piano. I am thinking since I love the Spitfire Solo Violin (because of the virtuoso patch, my fave solo violin so far) and have the British Drama Queen, I could upgrade and get Studio Strings too (besides Solo Strings).

jesc126

Composeur
I second Cinesamples Piano in Blue, although I think the Spring Sale is over. It is surprisingly versatile, has different mic options and takes well to reverb.

Used it in this track:

WaveRider

3 days only. I always wanted Alicia's but... Una cuerda (una corda) sounds very good too (and I want Alicia's because everyone seems to want it).
Alicia's Keys is terrible. I invite everyone to go ahead and strike the middle G key. Worst sampled middle G ever.

Not sure where you heard everyone wants this one. At best it's mediocre.

OP
Diablo3

Diablo3

Alicia's Keys is terrible. I invite everyone to go ahead and strike the middle G key. Worst sampled middle G ever.

OMG! You were right! Thank god I didn't buy it. I got the Grandeur and Maverick and Addictive Keys trio bundle because they were very cheap here on ViC. Cheaper than NI sale. Wow. Now I am afraid to test the NI pianos I got because maybe they have BIG defects like this one? Sigh...

And it's not only G, but from E to A in that range, wow. Weird because the rest of the notes specially after those (higher wise) sound pretty good I think.

Now I think this should go for 10 bucks the most...

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Last edited:

dzilizzi

I know nothing

I never really use it but I never thought about why. Just that I like the sound of other pianos much better. But I thought it was me since it is supposed to be this great piano.

Sean

I don't know what I'm talking about

For some reason a lot of people hype up Alicia's Keys as a great piano library but I have a feeling most of the people you see hyping it up don't know what to listen for.

Top Bottom