What's new

What orchestral percussion library would you recommend ?

ManicMiner

in the Skylab landing bay
Looking for library recommendations which feature good orchestral percussion. Kind of epic in a John Williams way, but not epic in a Heavocity Damage way !

I looked at Damage and thats a bit too extreme for me, and lacks things like Timpani rolls.

Hmm, I tend to mix and match most of the time, but if I had to pick one- it'd probably be Hollywood Percussion (Diamond version)- would recommend mixing in some close mics if you do use it though.

Thanks all.... what about EW Hollywood Percussion Gold ? Thats at JRR for $90 currently....

True Strike, for sure, If you're on a budget. The timpani is among the best of them! This is coming from someone who has HZ, Joby Burgess, HOP and Cineperc.

Last edited:
True Strike, for sure, If you're on a budget. The timpani is among the best of them! This is coming from someone who has HZ, Joby Burgess, HOP and Cineperc.
Is this True Strike 1 or 2 ?
I looked at ProjectSam website who sell True Strike and there doesn't appear to be a Black Friday Sale (?)
Actually Timpani [roll] is one of the main things I am looking for.

Last edited:
Is this True Strike 1 or 2 ?
I looked at ProjectSam website who sell True Strike and there doesn't appear to be a Black Friday Sale (?)
Actually Timpani [roll] is one of the main things I am looking for.
TS1, which is their orchestral percussion library. They usually have a Christmas sale, but the library is already priced fairly cheap.

I have about $150. I'm divided between NI Symphony Percussion, True Strike and Hollywood Perc Gold. NI have some great demo videos.
One of the main things I am after is a realistic timpani roll / epic orchestral music perc. ProjectSam told me they have a sale soon... NI sale is still on now and thats available for $149.
NI does seem to have some nice roll articulations.

I want to make the right decision... :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom