What's new

What kind of mac for semi professional ? macbook pro, imac, mini?

eross2121

i’m looking to upgrade to a newer mac to run the latest version on cubase pro. I had a macbook pro 2.4ghz 16ram 1tb hardrive. i’m looking to speed up a little but can’t afford the pro cylinder. what are the best options?

I have a maxed out Mini 2018 which is working smoothly for me, but if I was in the market today I would buy the maxed out iMac (3.6 8-Core i9) as its a newer better processor and screen is amazing.
New 16 inch MacBook Pro is also great but only if portability is important to you and you have that budget.

I have a maxed out Mini 2018 which is working smoothly for me, but if I was in the market today I would buy the maxed out iMac (3.6 8-Core i9) as its a newer better processor and screen is amazing.
New 16 inch MacBook Pro is also great but only if portability is important to you and you have that budget.
thanks, when you say a “maxed out Mini” do you mean it has the best specs like ram, had . processor,etc? or do you mean it is overloaded and not working as you would like?

I meant maxed out Processor specs wise. I bought 16GB version from Apple and now am upgrading to 64 GB RAM from 3rd party, Internal SSD was 512GB but I'd buy 1TB SSD if buying today.

Top Bottom